Unit promortions (prior to warlords)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit promortions (prior to warlords)

First off, Sorry for my extended absense (sp?). Lost my do nothing job and well you know, have to work for a living now, but finally got Internet hooked back up and can say Hi once in a while...

Playing a game of civ4 one day and as I'm happily expanding my penisula I just happen to open up a path for every single other civ that I had been telling to "go blow" for the majority of the game ( I had been blocked in by england, an ally, who I guess denied access to all my would be invaders.) Well as it happened After england fell I became the world's punching bag. Stream and streams of huge stacks of units came pouring in towards me... I had thought myself INVINCIBLE (redcoats when everyone else had macemen on monarch). This was the fight of my civ4 life! I cranked out ( and drafted) redcoats as fast as i could to fight off the hoards of enemies pouring in, and it became apparent to me... The "medic" redcoats became the most experienced units within my army... Because my 3rd promo was usually march. I had never givin this promo much thought prior, but now, I swear by it.

Turn one. "aggresive" promo'ed unit attacks, sustains damage, but wins its fight. "Medic" promo'es unit attacks, sustains more damage, but wins. Turn 2 "aggresive" unit heals. "Medic" unit is at full strength!!! and attacks again! each turn the March units get a heal up, and when you defend from a city that usually heals them full.

I had previosly had many units in the 5 or 6th level range prior to this "discovery". But now when i play it's often i have units in the level 10 range. All from the march unit promo!

If you havent given it a try I suggest you do so. Its even better on you're Mounted units as they can later even get blitz. Woooo blitz choppers i love this game!

Edit, I spell like I'm drunk (cause I am!)
    Last edited by Hauptman; August 9, 2006, 23:10.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Hi, Hauptman

Comment

Working...
    X