Warlords - first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords - first impressions

So, I played my first game of Warlords last night.

Wow. Great stuff!

I started off as the Celts, starting with Hunting and Mysticism is something I've always fancied, even though their traits are a bit weak.

Started on some of the best land I've ever had and totally got my arse kicked. So really it was only half a game before I quit.

A lot of it was my own fault... I was focusing on all of the new early wonders, new units and new buildings, rather than any sensible strategy.

This is going to take some adaption but there are so many little enhancements and tweaks that just polish everything up. Barbarians just walked around the fortified units I placed on my boundaries and trashed the place! So did Ragnar.

I should probably drop down a difficulty level to learn the new game... I'm really pleased that there's a genuine new challenge.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

I played a few epic games and the barbarian scenario. I must say that I am not impressed. I've seen some mods (for free) that have more changes to the original game than this expansion...

I am a builder so the barbarian scenario was boring after the first few turns since you can only destroy and buy units...looks too much RTS

Comment

Working...
    X