Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little annoyed at Diplomacy - how to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or, when your relation happens to be in the hands of 60 Praetorians.

Comment

Originally posted by ElConejo

Using this logic then could we reduce that number and make it more likely for the player to forget about the occurence?
      not necessarily..

I only hold grudges against AI's that hold grudges against me...

If they like me enough, I return the favour, regardless of past differences.

And really, look at the world today. How many wars have Great Britain, France, Germany, the USA, Japan, Spain and Austria had over the last 200 years? These countries might be trading rivals, but there are no, or at least few grudges about even the most recent major conflict.

Comment

Tovarich ulyanov, ElConejo's not talking about strategy; rather, about the AI source code.

The methods concerning this issue are in the file CvPlayerAI.cpp, which can be found in the SDK.

Code:
        //Returns the number of MemoryTypes eIndex2 events performed by the player eIndex1 that 
        //this player is remembering. 
        //
        //For example, MEMORY_DECLARED_WAR is when player eIndex1 declares war on this player, so
        //(AI_getMemoryCount(((PlayerTypes)iI), MEMORY_DECLARED_WAR) returns the number of times that this player
        //remembers (PlayerTypes)iI having declared war on him.
        int CvPlayerAI::AI_getMemoryCount(PlayerTypes eIndex1, MemoryTypes eIndex2)

===
        //Change the number of MemoryTypes eIndex2 events performed by the player eIndex1 that this player is remembering 
        //by iChange.
        //
        //Each leader personality may associate a value, iMemoryRand, with each MemoryType. If iMemoryRand is 
        //defined then each turn there is a 1/iMemoryRand chance that his memory count of this event will decrement by 1
        //(i.e., that he forgets one occurence of the event). See AI_doCounter(), below.
        void CvPlayerAI::AI_changeMemoryCount(PlayerTypes eIndex1, MemoryTypes eIndex2, int iChange)
        The 'forgetting' is done in AI_doCounter():

Code:
        //if this player is remembering that player iI did the (MemoryTypes)iJ event
        if (AI_getMemoryCount(((PlayerTypes)iI), ((MemoryTypes)iJ)) > 0)
        {	//if a MemoryDecayRand is defined for him 
        	if (GC.getLeaderHeadInfo(getPersonalityType()).getMemoryDecayRand(iJ) > 0)
        	{	//if a random number in the interval [0,MemoryDecayRand)=0
        		if(GC.getGameINLINE().getSorenRandNum(GC.getLeaderHeadInfo(getPersonalityType()).getMemoryDecayRand(iJ), "Memory Decay") == 0)
        		{	//decrement the number of MemoryTypes)iJ events performed by (PlayerTypes)iI that this player is remembering  by 1
        			AI_changeMemoryCount(((PlayerTypes)iI), ((MemoryTypes)iJ), -1);
        		}
        	}
        }
        So, 'yes' to ElConejo.
        Last edited by Peter Triggs; August 10, 2006, 00:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Will9

It's not red when the AI is willing to trade it to you at your current relation level. It will be red until its value decreases or your relation improves.
          Basically, what's the difference between a red option and an option you can't get even after offering everything you have to offer?

If the AI won't trade it "for all the tea in China" then why is it not red?

Tom P.

Comment

Say there is something white that you want, but the AI isn't willing to trade it for what you have. Then you get something they want and then you can go ahead and trade it. It will be white so you know the AI is willing trade if you have something they. The AI will turn it white not based on what you have, but the friendship between the two of you and its value.
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
              Say there is something white that you want, but the AI isn't willing to trade it for what you have. Then you get something they want and then you can go ahead and trade it. It will be white so you know the AI is willing trade if you have something they. The AI will turn it white not based on what you have, but the friendship between the two of you and its value.
              Or other considerations (like building a wonder that is enabled by the tech).

As you say, basically, white means that, for example, you can go to other AIs and get something from them, and then sweeten up your offer to the first AI, and it may agree to a better deal.
              The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
              - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
                Tovarich ulyanov, ElConejo's not talking about strategy; rather, about the AI source code.

The methods concerning this issue are in the file CvPlayerAI.cpp, which can be found in the SDK.

So, 'yes' to ElConejo.
                so replace his "player" with "AIPlayer"? (not for coding, but so I understand he meant an AI, not a human player)

I suppose I should say "spasibo"

Comment

Re: A little annoyed at Diplomacy - how to fix?

Originally posted by TheDarkside
                  I found an XML file which I thought was the perfect place for editting the duration of these negative effects under CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml the tag but there doesn't seem to be an entry for MEMORY_DECLARED_WAR_ON_FRIEND, and if I add it to the list of MemoryDecays copying the format of the other ones and give it a really short timeframe I do not see any difference when I play the game. Any idea what's up?
                  Have you done that for every leader in your CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml file? There is indeed a section for each leader in this file. So if you've done it for the first occurence only (that will be Alexander) it won't work for Shaka for example.

Comment

Originally posted by ulyanov

so replace his "player" with "AIPlayer"? (not for coding, but so I understand he meant an AI, not a human player)

I suppose I should say "spasibo"
                    Exactly, sorry for the miscommunication, its just the fellow I quoted used the term 'player' so in an effort to remain consistant I did as well. So much for that attempt.
                    Siga El Conejo Blanco
                    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
                    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Re: Re: A little annoyed at Diplomacy - how to fix?

Originally posted by Max

Have you done that for every leader in your CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml file? There is indeed a section for each leader in this file. So if you've done it for the first occurence only (that will be Alexander) it won't work for Shaka for example.
                      But if one would be so inclined to carry out that, you could effectively fix the issue the original poster and others have complained about? Correct?
                      Siga El Conejo Blanco
                      | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Re: Re: Re: A little annoyed at Diplomacy - how to fix?

Originally posted by ElConejo

But if one would be so inclined to carry out that, you could effectively fix the issue the original poster and others have complained about? Correct?
                        Yes, but you'll have to get a move on because over at CFC there's a bloke from Argentina who's working along these very same lines.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: A little annoyed at Diplomacy - how to fix?

Originally posted by Peter Triggs

Yes, but you'll have to get a move on because over at CFC there's a bloke from Argentina who's working along these very same lines.
                          Personally, I am not the one who is so inclined. I would just like someone who is better suited to the task to know that they can do it and then work it out. If someone is already on that, I would appreciate a link to let me know so that I can download it as soon as it is done.

Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

If someone attacked me I would certainly be annoyed at them for more than 2000 years, if I hadn't eliminated them by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              If someone attacked me I would certainly be annoyed at them for more than 2000 years, if I hadn't eliminated them by then.
                              By all means, as would I, I mean, I remember many a grudge that was held until Nukes But realistically speaking, it has always bothered me that civs hold grudges for 2000+ years...
                              Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

I've always found that a large stack of Praetorians, with appropriate defensive units, really negates any -'s diplomatic factors
                                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
                                X