Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It takes a long time to build a road... (Warlords bug)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It takes a long time to build a road... (Warlords bug)

In my present game I just saw this. It will take 2147483647 turns to build a road! But on the other hand, what can you expect from a swordman?

Hmm, I tried to attach a pic but nothing happened. Stupid forum. Or stupid me for doing it wrong...

Anyway, the pic showed a swordman being able to build a road. But it would take a looooooong time for him to do it.

Comment

Trying with a smaller pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

That's just a message glitch not new to Warlords, don't let it bother you. To clear a glitch where the lower left message area freezes, move the mouse over your flag by the minimap.
        Presto! -- message freeze is "thawed".
        Last edited by Jaybe; August 7, 2006, 17:41.

Comment

I wasn't really bothered, more amused.
          Last edited by KentClarke; August 8, 2006, 04:28.

Comment

That once again proves the saying that military people are better at destroying than at constructing things
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

In civ3 I modded my Roman Legions to be able to build roads since the real ones did that quite often.

Comment

That's how the original Roman legion came about. Workers building a road, and when barbs came out to attack the dropped tools and picked up swords.

Eventually it became formal training for them.

Comment

That 214 number popped up in one of my games. I assumed it was the phone number of a Pizza Hut in Dallas, TX.

Comment

Legions could build roads in one of the Civ3 scenarios (Rise of Rome?).
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Nah, it looks like it's a residential number.

xpost

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                        Legions could build roads in one of the Civ3 scenarios (Rise of Rome?).
                        They could? I didn't remember that. Then again I never was very fond of the Civ3 scenarios.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I wonder, would a "constructor" promotion be usefull? Enable any unit to build roads and forts.
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Not without a number of changes to the game code to let the AI use it.

Comment

The 214 number looks supeciously like the max signed 32 bit int to me.

Anyway, in C3C in ROR & FOR the Roman legions (all types) had the ability to build roads.
                              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                              Templar Science Minister
                              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                              X