lockup when loading scenario savegame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lockup when loading scenario savegame

Hi. I am running Civ 4 with the new Warlords expansion. This morning, when I tried to load my savegame from the "Chinese Unification" scenario, the game restarts normally, but when it gets to the part where it says "finishing" it locks up and forces a hard restart. Video drivers are up to date. So far otherwise the game seems to run fine. I far exceed the system requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Patzeric

Are you first starting Warlords and then loading the save? Or are you launching the save file directly from (say) Explorer? Whichever way you do it, try the other method and see what happens.

Do you still have an auto-save file that's earlier than the non-working save? If so, try to load that file.

If none of these suggestions work, post the save file here and I'll see whether I can load it.

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

savegame issue

I was loading it from within the game. Tried it the other way and got the same freezeup. I am attaching the savegame. Be prepared to hard restart your computer ;-)

Thanks for the help.

Patzeric

Update: I tried to attach the savegame, but arapprently the admins have not added the new warlords savegame extension to the valid file extensions list.

Comment

Re: savegame issue

Originally posted by patzeric
        Update: I tried to attach the savegame, but arapprently the admins have not added the new warlords savegame extension to the valid file extensions list.
        Either Zip the file or rename the extension to .txt (say). You then should be able to post it.

Petek
        -- Kosh

Comment

here it is

Durrrr, didn't think about that. Thanks. Here it is.

patzeric
          Attached Files

Comment

OK, the first time I tried to load your file, the same thing happened to me (game froze at "finishing" screen and I had to reboot). However, I got it to load by doing this:

Start Warlords

Select Single Player

Select Warlords Scenarios

Select Chinese Unification

Game will restart. After it does, continue as follows:

Select the State of Qin

Next three screens, accept all default choices.

Click through any messages to start the scenario.

Press Ctrl + L to load a save file.

Load your save file.

After several minutes, your game comes up.

There may be other ways to get this to work, but the above steps worked for me twice. I don't know why the problem occurs, but perhaps it has to do with the game needing to restart to launch the scenario.

Hope this works for you!

Petek
            -- Kosh

Comment

thanks

Thanks, Petek, I'll try that.

Comment

it works! +additional info

I wanted to post to say that Petek's workaround works. Thanks again, Petek.

I also wanted to add additional information that when I started and saved the Viking scenario, I was able to load the savegame normally. Maybe later I'll start another Chinese Unification game with a different faction to try and test if the problem is with the scenario or what.

patzeric

Comment

Working...
                X