• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did...

On Settler.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyal
      No, you cannot upgrade, and yes it's quite hard once they have units hat outclass yours. Being able to upgrade to the lowerst common denominator would be great. but, it is not to be. the scen is fun, but you have to move really fast in killing off civs to beat it. If someone does beat it they should post that

sparky
      I've been thinking about this scenario alot, something I'm starting to think is that the scenario would actually be easiest on the hardest setting. The reason is that you would get the most advanced units. Atleast the way I've been playing it, I have no chance at winning when I have swordsmen and my enemy starts sending out Riflemen. If on the otherhand I had Riflemen or something and he has tanks I would have a much greater chance at survival. Plus it would be possible to pillage out the resources and get much closer to tech parity, a 14 vs 24 fight is much easier than a 6 vs 14 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
        I did...

On Settler.
        I did too...on Warlord!*

*Well, maybe after I gave myself a couple of unit stacks through world builder...

Comment

anyone succeed to have new unit; like rifleman, maceman or things like that!

And what's your best score.
          To this day; my best score is 11 300 pts in Normal at Noble
          bleh

Comment

Well, I'm playing on noble and I've had no option to upgrade. aT what point did this appar?

sparky

Comment

press F4, and click an unit. you will see the button to upgrage the units
              bleh

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                press F4, and click an unit. you will see the button to upgrage the units
                How high can the upgrade go?

I ask since your not researching anything in this scenario................
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Maybe it's like the Internet: If 3 civs have the correct tech, you can have the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
                    Maybe it's like the Internet: If 3 civs have the correct tech, you can have the upgrade.
                    good theory, any basis proved yet by anyone?

I mean this as in any factual experienced proof?

Comment

Warlords manual doesn't say anything about it, neither does civilopedia.

It's probably coded somewhere, but I'm not good with Python, so it would take me a while.

I could try it when I find the time, but someone else might be quicker.

Comment

I was thinking he talked how to give promotion to units....

I never succeeded to have gunpower units in normal mode.
                        bleh

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                          I was thinking he talked how to give promotion to units....

I never succeeded to have gunpower units in normal mode.
                          Then that would be PROMOTE, not UPGRADE

Comment

Promotions can be bought from the same screen you buy units (F4).

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
                              Promotions can be bought from the same screen you buy units (F4).
                              Ok, just clarifying, you have done this in the Barbarian Scenario?

I hadnt tried it here, it will be good news if so.

Is there a timeframe before you can upgrade?

I was wondering if you just look from time to time to determine if they are available

Ok, Thanks Prussia for the comebacks, looking forward to implementing them if possible in a game with this Scenario

BTW, love your line.....from Billy Joel

Comment

Maybe it was coincedinces, but almost every time I was able to upgrade a unit, three other civs or so just discovered it.

I'm not quite sure, maybe you can ask a Firaxian.

No problem Gramps, enjoy.
                                And thanks, I love my line too.

Comment

Working...
                                X