'end turn' customized key bind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'end turn' customized key bind

is there a way to customer the key bind of 'end turn' from the default 'enter' key to another key or another mouse button? thanks.

Space bar works too.

Comment

Or you could click on the red dot by the mini map.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

What kind of mouse do you have? Some of the better mice, like the ones from Logitech or Razer, the software for it allows you to bind a certain key to a mouse button. Bind here "enter" to one of the buttons. I've done this, not only for Civ-purposes, but I can then click a button on my mouse instead when e.g. message boxes appear.

Comment

That's a great idea about programming one the buttons on my mouse. I hate having to navigate so carefully to that little red dot to end turn. I try to play without using the keyboard.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
            I try to play without using the keyboard.
            I'm interested if you can find a way to perform the 'wait' action without keyboard: there's no icon in the game.

Comment

You just click on a different unit.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

i would prefer an icon versus picking a random unit...sometimes there are no other units in the screen view.

So I do end up using the keyboard W for wait, F for Fortify and spacebar to end turn...and least that's all with the left hand.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Then buy a mouse with even more buttons to program/ assign keys to Maybe some of the software that comes with these mice also have different profiles what can be assigned to different programs so settings for Civ doesn't affect other programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner

So I do end up using the keyboard W for wait, F for Fortify and spacebar to end turn...and least that's all with the left hand.
                    Exactly what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Exactly what I do.
                      So do I. But I still wonder why Firaxis omitted the wait icon, whereas it was there in CIV3. That makes it quite rude to play with mouse only...

Comment

I also mainly use just the W and F, but also the R.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I find T to be useful.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X