No announcement yet.

Thought on New AIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if you're getting snookered on diplomatic, or you can't make contact with a certain leader, than "custom" games are in order.

I play most of my games custom. Turn the stupid diplomatic option off, for once. What are you, Bill Clinton? (Try turning off that silly spaceship thing too; you get a more competitive foreign policy element.) Plug in the leaders you want. I've had all warmonger games; and other games structured to improve my understanding of GP or Wonders by surrounding myself with wimps and peaceniks. (No surprise to me, btw, if the new Gandhi is a wimp.)

"Raging Barbarians" cools everybody down; it's a myth that they don't attack AI. Adding the ragers is like adding a level of difficulty to the early game, especially on Pangea or Highlands where they can spawn and hide their cities all over the place.
    You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

Originally posted by jdchambe

I've had the AI build the UN and go for the diplomatic victory in the past in two of my vanilla games. I've seen Cathy do it, and I've seen Gahndi do it. It is uncommon, but it isn't new.
      Cyrus has done it for me a few times and Fredrick once.

Comment

[SIZE=1]

I play most of my games custom. Turn the stupid diplomatic option off, for once. What are you, Bill Clinton? (Try turning off that silly spaceship thing too; you get a more competitive foreign policy element.) Plug in the leaders you want. I've had all warmonger games; and other games structured to improve my understanding of GP or Wonders by surrounding myself with wimps and peaceniks. (No surprise to me, btw, if the new Gandhi is a wimp.)
        What I need to do is play more custom games where I can't rely on spaceship victories. More no diplomacy no spaceship victories, and aggressive AIs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvstin
          What I need to do is play more custom games where I can't rely on spaceship victories. More no diplomacy no spaceship victories, and aggressive AIs.
          The way to play is to leave those victory conditions ON. But YOU may not use them to win!

That IS what you meant, isn't it? The AI primary means of of winning is through the spaceship. You wouldn't want to make the game easier would you?

Disclaimer: I play on Noble diffficulty. But with stronger barbarians and full unit-maintenance costs.

Comment

I do the same as Jvstin and GeneralDoktor, turning the SpaceShipVictory off.

Although you may be right that this is the way the AI prefers to win (if it can) it makes the game IMHO end too soon.
            You will never reach a victory by time (as the AI will always be able to build the Spaceship in time) as well as (at least myself, playing on huge maps and being no warmonger) victory by conquest.
            I am always forced to build the spaceship for myself, if I want to win (unless I´m able to win earlier by diplomacy that is)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
            X