Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will9
    You can only demand resources.
    Not money? What if they don't have any resources that you don't, then how does it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
      Matt, was that a peaceful or capitulation vassal? Might make a difference.

capitulation

Comment

I just got Warlords and haven't gotten around to playing it much, but in the manual it says the Vassal and Master will go to war when the Vassal refuses to give a RESOURCE demanded by the Master.....maybe that's why people haven't gone to war with their Vassals yet, because it was something other than resources they demanded? (assuming you can demand other things than resources, haven't tried it yet)

Comment

What if your vassal doesn't have any resouces that you don't have?

Comment

China refused: coin, techs, and resources as my capitulated vassal, all without triggering a war.

I noticed that when I demanded a resource from either of my other vassals, the option was 'Time for your tribute, refusal means WAR!' while with China the option was the standard 'we demand this in tribute'.

Comment

You could always trade your last resource away to someone else, and then demand the resource from you vassal.

"Oil? What Oil? I've never seen any oil before. Give me yours. I need some to go drag racing with Mansa and his new car. It seems he came across some oil..."

Comment

IMHO a capitulated vassal's land should go 100% towards your domination victory.

Don't see any good reason why a capitulated vassal should only give you 50% of their land ....

Comment

Not for capitulated. Especially not for capitulated.

You didn't actually do any work. You just got bigger then they are. That's nothing to the ammount of work it takes to actually take alltheir land.

I would say more percentage for forced vassal (say 75%). But a capitulated vassal didn't take any extra work, why should you get 100% land?

Understand a capitulated vassal is asking you to take care of them, not giving themselves to you.

Tom P.

Comment

Padillah, a capitulated vassal IS one where you defeated them. They offer capitulation with peace.....

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
                      Understand a capitulated vassal is asking you to take care of them, not giving themselves to you.
                      You got it backwards...

Comment

Well, then what's the other one called?

EDIT: Thank you guys. My apologies for the mix-up.

Whatever I said... I meant the other way.

There, fixed.

Tom P.
                        Last edited by padillah; August 5, 2006, 13:08.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
                          Well, then what's the other one called?
                          Peaceful or Voluntary.
                          The manual referrs to "peaceful" vassalage.

Comment

Working...
                          X