Custom Game Setup Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Game Setup Questions

There appear to be new setup choices and I was wondering what they do. No info on these in the manual.

Map types: 1. Fantasy_Realm, and 2. Fractal

World Wrap: Toroidal

Toroidal!?

Can anyone shed any light on these?
    Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Fantasy and Fractal have been in since the last patch. Fantasy is the terrain is just totally bizarre and messed up I believe. Fractal is the old continents map gen as opposed to the current one. It's more prone to more smaller continents if I understand it correctly.

Toroidal is new.. I haven't tried it out yet, but maybe it's wrap on all sides?
    - Dregor

Comment

Fractal: Continents that aren't just big blobs. Includes some isthmus, penninsulas, islands, etc. It's the one to use for variety and 'earth-likeness'.

Toroidal: A map of the earth is like a 'cylinder'. Having both east-west & north-south wrap is like a doughnut! A doughnut is toroidal.

Fantasy: From what I've heard (I've never played it), the fantasy map has resources in isolated groupings, often in terrain which isn't 'appropriate' for the resource type.

Comment

What happened to Tectonics?
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I think Techtonics was a modded map script, not an official one if I recall.

Comment

Tectonics IS a modded script, and it still works in Warlords I am happy to report. In fact, right now playing on a Tectonics map as the Ottomans, trying out some more pugnacious gameplay than I usually do, in line with the expansion's theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvstin
              Tectonics IS a modded script
              Doh!

Good to hear it still works - I was using it almost exclusively at this point.

Edit: in case anyone wants to see what I'm talking about:

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
              X