Crashing when loading mod/ scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing when loading mod/ scenario

First time I installed Warlord, it wouldn't start. The game worked really hard against my harddrive with just the "loading" splash screen showing. I reinstalled it, and I could finally enjoy it.

However, this error occur if I'm trying to load a mod/ scenario (only tried the Barbarian scenario). As the game restarts to load the mod, it hangs untill the "windows has encountered an error"-screen occur. As I could read from the "report", a temp-file (~d[some number].tmp) has crashed. Warlord will then not start again untill I've started the Vanilla Civ4.

So, does anyone have any tip? The computer I've tried on is a laptop, Asus A6Ja with T2300 CPU, 1,5GB RAM and ATI X1600 graphics card.

my scenarios crashed because the install had reset the graphics to full. I went into the warlords options menu and changed all the settings back to low and everything works again. this probably has nothing to do with your problem
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Shouldn't have as the game runs quite smoothly as it is (ok, I don't play on a higher resolution as 1280x800, but that's because my latop's screen doesn't allow more). But it's worth a try!

What I really don't understand, is why the game works so hard against my HD (CPU load is like nothing)...

Comment

Found something else. If I remove the CD while it's trying to load (but hanging), it will stop loading and ask for the CD immediately. Also, if I start the game by pressing "Play" from the autorun menu that appears when inserting the CD, the game will start as it should. I still want to try the scenarios/ mods though...

Comment

Working...
        X