Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% building science/culture/wealth?

since when?

This new in Warlords or has it been in since the patch?

Or do i have some kind of wonder that increases it from 50% to 100%?

Good change IMO.

You want to be more specific? Are you referring to something providing +100% of all three with one building in the core game?
    Otherwise it would be Oxford U. (+100% science), Hermitage (+100% culture), & Wall Street (+100% wealth). They've been there from the beginning.

Comment

Yeah, it used to work like this:
      50% of raw hammers, multiplied by the appropriate bonuses ie wealth is 50% hammes multiplied by gold multipliers.

Now it works like this:
      Post-production bonuses hammers are converted directely to wealth/beakers/culture.

The main thing is that the base is onw 100%, and it uses the hammers multiplier instead of the (appropriate) commerce multiplier.

Forges can make research pretty good...

Wealth isn't as good as wonder refunds, but it's a lot closer.

I find in terms of balance it's worth using wealth/research if you feel like you have nothing better to do.. it's not wasteful. Culture is quite powerful for popping borders and winning border struggles.

Comment

I hadn't noticed this was changed. Good catch Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
          Yeah, it used to work like this:
          50% of raw hammers, multiplied by the appropriate bonuses ie wealth is 50% hammes multiplied by gold multipliers.

Now it works like this:
          Post-production bonuses hammers are converted directely to wealth/beakers/culture.

The main thing is that the base is onw 100%, and it uses the hammers multiplier instead of the (appropriate) commerce multiplier.

ACK!!!
          I haven't gotten to the point of producing wealth yet in my first (marathon) game. It sounds like getting all those commerce multipliers in aren't going to be as important, and I do NOT know that I like the idea of having to wait for a power plant (or ironworks) for max wealth.

Change is sooo uncomfortable, you know ....

Comment

Well, you do get doubled base, so it surely not bad to convert one hammer to one gold or science.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe

ACK!!!
              I haven't gotten to the point of producing wealth yet in my first (marathon) game. It sounds like getting all those commerce multipliers in aren't going to be as important, and I do NOT know that I like the idea of having to wait for a power plant (or ironworks) for max wealth.

Change is sooo uncomfortable, you know ....
              Wealth is now always more powerful than in CIVanilla except for the most obscure of cases (wallstreet is the only factor which can possibly make a 1.61 city out-wealth a warlords city).

The main difference now is that you need production bonuses to leverage wealth and gold multipliers don't do anything.

If you want to run wealth - run it. It's going to provide a lot more benefit than it would've in 1.61

Comment

Originally posted by Blake

Wealth is now always more powerful than in CIVanilla except for the most obscure of cases (wallstreet is the only factor which can possibly make a 1.61 city out-wealth a warlords city).

The main difference now is that you need production bonuses to leverage wealth and gold multipliers don't do anything.

If you want to run wealth - run it. It's going to provide a lot more benefit than it would've in 1.61
                ???? Why "almost always"?

A city with a Market(25%)/Grocer(25%)/Bank(50%) for commerce, and only a Forge(25%) for production (pretty common for a large part of the game), would be better with the 1.61 calculation, correct?

The Warlords version negates the commerce building bonuses, and replaces it with a 50% boost and any production building boosts, correct?

Oh wait. The Forge's 25% acts on all base hammers, while the Market's 25% only acts on 1/2 the base hammers.

Nevermind. I've answered my own question.

Comment

Seems to me a production-centric civ can tech well and produce wealth.

These changes make building gold and science a lot more powerful.

Ironically the places where ur less likely to want to build science and gold are those cottage cities or science cities, which won't have hammer modifiers in them.

Comment

Working...
                  X