Ottoman Bug: Workaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottoman Bug: Workaround

Some players have reported a problem with the Ottoman (Mehmed II) civ: Warlords crashes either when playing as the Ottomans, or even if the Ottomans are an AI.

Evidently some systems have a problem with displaying the Mehmed II leaderhead. This same problem also has been reported on CFC. In that forum Firaxian alexman reported that a true fix will be issued in a patch. However, in this thread he gave instructions for a workaround that will replace the Mehmed II leaderhead with another one (Sid!). CFC users report that this workaround prevents the crash. I haven't tried this myself since my system has no problem with the Ottomans.

I haven't seen this workaround mentioned here, so thought that I'd post it.

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

I have not had this problem yet. My only completed game so far had the Ottomans in it and they were the last AI standing so I talked to him quite a bit.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I wondered why the Ottomans would always crash.
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Sid is far slimmer in real life than his leaderhead would have you think
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
        X