Are Trebuchets Overpowered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Trebuchets Overpowered?

What's your initial thoughts on the Trebuchet?
    Definitely! Trebuchet's are a game breaker!
    6.98%
    A little. With a minor tweak, they should be OK.
    23.26%
    Trebuchets are perfectly balanced.
    53.49%
    Are you kidding? Trebuchet's are weak.
    9.30%
    My banana-flinging monkeys kill everything, including Trebuchets.
    6.98%

They are fine as they are as I've experienced them (not too much yet, thought). I think it's a good addition to fill the gap between catapult and cannons. It makes the medieval ages a little more realistic.

Comment

I like them. There are powerful but not overpowered. They fit in well compared to other units of the same era. By the time you get them a lot of cities are (should be) protected well.

The thing I like most about them is that you can now wage a decent war in medieval times.

Comment

The thinking behind making them less powerful in the field than the catapult, but more powerful in city assault seems sound. They need to be carefully protected or horse archers will sweep them away. I like the addition.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

They're only overpowered if you Charismatic or Spain.
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
            The thinking behind making them less powerful in the field than the catapult, but more powerful in city assault seems sound. They need to be carefully protected or horse archers will sweep them away. I like the addition.
            I definitely agree with this
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I think they are fine. They take a fairly advanced tech to learn, and just having catapults trying to kill riflemen and grenadiers was ridiculous.

I noticed that the AI uses them fairly frequently to immediately counterattack cities that they lose. This makes the player need to be more careful when invading, which is a good thing.
              "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Working...
              X