Reasharched Treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasharched Treasure

How much do you get from the reashearched treasure? Because if you ransomed every city you wouldn't get the 47.5K required, not even close, so you'd need to get a lot from treasure. I'm wondering if I need to go down a level to make it easier or if you get a ton of gold from the treasures.

I'm presuming this is about the barbarians scenario, which I haven't yet played. It's not the easiest of posts to understand though.

Comment

Of course, you intended to say the Vikings scenario and have made a typo.
      LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Do you mean researched treasure/gold from the research relic technology ?

According to the manual 1,000 gold for each relic but i'm not sure if that's what you're asking

Comment

Yes it was Viking scenario. And that is what I was asking, thank you.

Well it's going to be a pretty big chalenge even on noble I can tell. I'll try it on a lower level.

Comment

Thinking about it, if you can take over the entire map, you can reashearch a bunch of treasure locations very fast, and also get to it fast.

Comment

I think Qwertqwert wins the "Best reason to get the Poly mods to install an in-built spell-check function" award
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I was confused about this when starting the Viking scenario last night, so I went to bed. Does researching treasure directly add to your points, or just give you the location of a treasure? The latter would be much cooler.

Comment

The latter.

Comment

How do I figure out where the treasure is? I thought I saw something pop up when I researched the first time, but it went away too fast.

Comment

The location is quite vague: Central Europe, Northern Ireland, and, having played for a while, I think you'll have to take a city to 'find' it.

Comment

What if I don't remember which location it said?

Comment

Re: Reasharched Treasure

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
                          How much do you get from the reashearched treasure?
                          Treasure gives you 2500 gold. The manual is wrong.

Because if you ransomed every city you wouldn't get the 47.5K required, not even close, so you'd need to get a lot from treasure.
                          Breakdown of numbers on how much gold is in the game:

Spoiler:
                          Not really. Ransoming gives you 200 gold per population point, and at the start of the game there are about 200 non-Viking population points on the map, giving you theoretically 200*200 = 40k gold. Of course, you lose some pop when attacking cities, but the AIs also found new cities and cities grow over time (quite a few size 3 cities are size 5 before you get get a proper army near them and towards the end of the game some cities can be size 10 or larger). You also get some gold for merely conquering a city, regardless of whether you ransom, raze or keep it. And you can get gold for pillaging as well (if you allow cottages to grow to towns you typically get over 100-200 gold for each one, which adds up fast). So you can probably win the game based on war income alone.

On top of that you can get a lot of gold from your own economy if you optimise commerce output (i.e. build lots of economic buildings and cottages). In earlier versions of the scenario I was able to win the game just by turtling. That should no longer be possible, but you can probably still get 10-20k from your own economy (depending on the difficulty level), even while maintaining a sizeable army to raid Europe with and hunt treasure.

So in summary, it should be easily possible to get the required 47.5k gold.

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          Write it down.
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            Next time you play the Vikings scenario, don't drink the Mjød. It will help you remember better...

Comment

I wish it gave me a better target than "Northern Britain" :/

Comment

Working...
                              X