Interesting Scenario Possibilities Using Vassalage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Scenario Possibilities Using Vassalage

I was just re-reading the requirements on vassalage, specifically that once a vassal gets to 50% of it's "masters" population and land the vassalage ends. And it got me thinking that this could allow scenario designers to create scenarios that show colonies breaking away from their mother countries.

Imagine a nEarth map, starting at 1700 with England, France, Spain, Portugal and the Dutch possesing over seas vassal colonies. and Turkey, Austria and Russa ruling over conuered Eurpoean states. At the start the colonies might have a lage area, but a low population. But as the game progresses these colonies would begin to hit the 50% mark and start to break away.

Just a thought.
    Good, Bad, I'm the one with the Gun- Army of Darkness

Try posting this on the Creation&Files Forum and see if any makes it.

I would love to begin as a vassal and try to gain my freedom, but someone would have to figure out how to let the human player be a vassal to the AI.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

It doesn't even have to be 50%, in mods you can change the percentage to whatever you want (there are some other things you can mod about vassalage as well, some cool stuff, check out the XML files and Python API).

And in mods humans can be vassals just fine (or at least you can start out as one, not sure if you can accept it through diplomacy mid-game, haven't tried that yet).
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X