Possible freeze-up bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible freeze-up bug?

In my first complete single player core rules game I have encountered a bug where the game completely froze up three times during the course of the game, requiring a hard reboot. There were pauses of about 10-15 seconds on about four other occasions, where the game recovered after the pause.

I have been playing Civ 4 since release, and have maybe had the game freeze up less than half a dozen times in the last nine months.

I am playing Warlords at 1600 X 1200 graphics, animations on, combat zoom and animations off, high quality textures and graphics. I have a 3.2 64-bit Intel Extreme CPU, an Nvidia GEforce 7800 PCIX VGA card, 4 GB of RAM, with a SB Audigy. The freeze occurs every time while moving units around on the map.

Has anyone else had this happen?
    "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

We must have posted this bug at the same time. I get the recovering freeze, but I haven't seen any complete hangs yet... Hrrmmm... Though I suppose it won't be long before I do.

Comment

Smooth sailing for me so far. With the exception of the usual erroneous video memory warning (now disabled), and one hang, recovered from.
      One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
      "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Working...
      X