Playing CivCity Rome and Civ4 at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing CivCity Rome and Civ4 at the same time

I played CivCity for a while last night, then loaded up Civ4 really quick. I think it would be a little confusing playing one for a long time, then switching to the other.

But it did make me wish for a similar level of city management within the Civ series. I know, it would make everything way too complicated but it would be cool on some level.
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Is CivCity any good?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      Is CivCity any good?

-Arrian

PS All CivCity-only discussion should go there (or in that forum anyway). I guess if you wanna discuss playing Civ4 and CivCity at the same time or links between the games or whatever, you can do that here...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well I have a tip for all those playing both games. Uninstall one. And it isn't Civ4.

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by donarumo
            I played CivCity for a while last night, then loaded up Civ4 really quick. I think it would be a little confusing playing one for a long time, then switching to the other.
            Playing CivCity at the moment (when I'm not busy with something else). With the little time I have at the moment I have chosen not to start another Civ game until I get a new computer (hopefully within the next couple of weeks)
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I bought both games (Civ Warlords & CivCity Rome) at the same time.

If you liked Casaer then you'll like CC Rome. True it is just about the same thing as the old Casaer. But it was worth my money.

Comment

Maybe I'll have a gander at it... when I'm done playin rome - total war.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Bah who am i Kiding, totalwar 2 coming out soon, and I have to find some time to try out warlords.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    Well I have a tip for all those playing both games. Uninstall one. And it isn't Civ4.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauptman
                      Bah who am i Kiding, totalwar 2 coming out soon, and I have to find some time to try out warlords.
                      Really? I didn't think it was coming out for a long, long time.

Maybe you are thinking of Medieval Total War 2, which there is no release date for yet.

Comment

Yeah MTW2 is next, and I did see a date for the end of the year, though not sure whether this was confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                        X