Soo......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soo......

.... is there any news on an alpha centauri 2 'type' of game. I wan't my damn unit workshop

Sorry if this has been recently asked, since i was gona while.

Anyhow, i bought warlords yesterday and am a little disappointed by the lack of major game features. Sure, the few things that are included are nice but i was looking for more.

So...... any AC2 type of game /expansion on the horizon?

This is the closest you get I think.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

AC2 is Asheron's Call2. You mean SMAC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
        This is the closest you get I think.

meh.

Thanks for the link.

I sure hope Firaxis will do an add-on or something for Civ4 that will give us "SMAC 2"

Comment

meh.

I sure hope Firaxis doesn't waste its time on "SMAC 2" and instead does an add-on or something for Civ4 that will give us "Colonization 2"
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            "Colonization 2"
            YES!!!

I second the motion.

Comment

Thirded.

Comment

AUSTRIA.

[Fourthethed.]

Comment

Firaxis can't make a SMAC2 since they don't own the IP, EA does. Colonization OTOH they *do* own
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Although I want Colonization 2, I am distressed to hear they don't have the license for SMAC 2. Maybe Big Huge Games could work on it and drop their pathetic RTS agenda.
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

BHG is (partially) owned by Microsoft and MS has an exclusive publishing agreement with them, so that's not likely to happen either.

Only EA can ever publish a SMAC2, in which case a third party (or EA itself) would have to develop it, as noone in the Civ development community is in a position to strike a deal with them. Unless of course EA sells the IP, but that would be fairly unusual and we'd probably hear about it long before any game could start to be developed.

Comment

Well, Firaxis can develop a game called something else, like "Call to Alpha Centauri" or something

But I hope they don't; SMAC is for hippies
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                          Firaxis can't make a SMAC2 since they don't own the IP, EA does. Colonization OTOH they *do* own
                          What IP (I hate that term)? You mean the name?

Firaxis did ask the community which game they would like to see a sequel, and SMAC was one of the choices.

Would they do that if EA owns the name to the game?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

they can always call it "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri B". it's a different planet!!
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                              What IP (I hate that term)? You mean the name?
                              Both trademarks (i.e. name) and copyrights (concept, characters, etc).

Firaxis did ask the community which game they would like to see a sequel, and SMAC was one of the choices.
                              And the Greens always take part in the US Presidential election. Just because you can vote for an option doesn't mean it's going to happen

Comment

Working...
                              X