Direct2Drive Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct2Drive Question

I bought the regular Civ4 at Direct2Drive, will I be able to buy the CD of Warloards and install it or will it not notice that Civ4 is there?

It almost certainly will NOT work.

D2D messes with the dll files and the install ends up looking pretty different than the regular boxed version.

Comment

Edit: Mistake.

Comment

So how can I get a copy of Warloards? D2D isn't selling it? Will they later?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Okay, do you know of a date maybe?

Comment

...August, September? D2D is usually pretty slow.

Comment

Arggg... Okay thanks, I'll see if I can email them to get a more exact date.

Comment

I highly recommend avoiding D2D whenever possible. Little late I know, but I've never heard of anything good coming from them. Heck, support the Civ team and buy it again Then you can look at the discs yourself all nice and pretty, or something like that!
                  - Dregor

Comment

I don't want to rebuy the game...

Can someone just email me the .dll files? Or whatever files are changed from the regular to D2D version? My email is markomolo@yahoo.com. I should have plenty of room.

Or if you could upload it somewhere, that would be good also.

Comment

I'd be careful, they may frown upon talk like that on the forums, even tho you did buy the game
                      - Dregor

Comment

Working...
                      X