Seeing enemy moves in real time before the advent of radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing enemy moves in real time before the advent of radio

Doesn't seem very realistic. Though I'm still playing Civ3 for want of a better machine, I haven't seen anything here to suggest this has changed.

There sould be a distance modifier for sighting enemy movements and increasing fog of war.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Then again, if a turn is 50 years, its not exactly "real time" (although why they wouldn't move in 50 years is an entirely different question).

I wouldn't worry too much about realism in a situation like that, since all it does is make things more difficult to play.
    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

...And make things much less enjoyable.

Comment

Pretty much
        Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Lancer, I'm not sure if you are sugesting that if you get far enough away from your borders that you will start to move units in land surronded by the fog of war. That would mean you wouldn't find out your unit is on water tell it is afew squares in the water.
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

I suppose you could give them a mission and send em off and they do it as they see fit. Kind of like CivII before they fixed the 'Go To'.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

all units should be invisible. And in ancient ages, your own units should be invisible.

Comment

And in the Dark Ages, your screen should be entirely dark. And you would get messages like, "Something happened somewhere." Or, "Someone is doing something near some part of your territory." Now that would make for good gameplay!
                "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Working...
                X