About the future technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the future technology

Is that you can never finished the research of the future technology? I finished the research and then it became Future Technology 2 coming with the same turns. So this will never be an end. Am I right?

Future Tech goes on infinite, only adding an extra happy face in your cities. I never invent future tech, always stopping all my research when I get that far (at that point I always got more happy people than unhappy people anyway)
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

So, if I had reached future technolog 5, it means all of my cities get 5 extras faces?

Comment

Originally posted by eddieeddie
        So, if I had reached future technolog 5, it means all of my cities get 5 extras faces?
        Yes. It gives you motivation to continue to put some money into research. Even if you have no unhappy citizens, extra happy faces can result in "We love the ____ Day"s and save you some maintenance.

Don't future techs also add health? I can't remember, I usually finish the game by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Badtz Maru

Yes. It gives you motivation to continue to put some money into research. Even if you have no unhappy citizens, extra happy faces can result in "We love the ____ Day"s and save you some maintenance.

Don't future techs also add health? I can't remember, I usually finish the game by then.
          Yeah, I think it also add health. I am respecting something more interesting and exciting for the future technology in the expansion pact.

Comment

If my cities are in bad shape by then, I'd keep researching future tech, but if you stop research you get an enourmous amount of money very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
              Future Tech goes on infinite, only adding an extra happy face in your cities. I never invent future tech, always stopping all my research when I get that far (at that point I always got more happy people than unhappy people anyway)
              They also add to your final score. I'm not sure what each one gives you at the moment though.

Comment

I just gave up on a game (it was appearent that no one would win except for time win) in which I had 18 unhealthiness in my capital. And I had all the resources I could. The size of the city was 50 (the biggest I ever had) so I can't do too much except forced starvation. But it was an awsome city, (nearly 400 commerce, about 550 culture, and 1000 reachearch in that city alone) But these are the times where getting several future techs are useful. If you have some amazing city like that and don't want it to fall short of the best it can be.

Comment

Future tech gives you victory points, too. I was going for a point win in a game when another civ suddenly passed me right at the end. They got massive point increases which I could only explain by the fact that I had quit my research and they got the advantage of the future techs.

Comment

Heh.

Comment

Working...
                    X