GK's scenario discrepancy in video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GK's scenario discrepancy in video

In the video that DanQ made, which showed the Genghis Khan scenario, it had a closeup of a Mongol Horse Archer. Now allbeit that it was in a scenario and that the units stats were different, but I noticed something interesting and was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on it or at least explain it:

The Mongol Horse Archer had 4 promotions - Combat I, II, III and IV - BUT, it was also a level 4 unit. Where have you seen that before? The only units that get the same number of promotions as their level are the mele/gunpowder units from an Aggressive leader. Now Genghis is Aggressive, so does this mean that the Aggressive trait also extends the Combat I promotion to the mounted units as well?

Can you see another way in which this could be explained?

Watiggi
    Last edited by Watiggi; July 17, 2006, 12:37.

Traits are probably editted in the scenario. I would be most surprised to see that change in the standard game.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

That would make sense for the other abilities like strength (11 in the video), movement points (3), experience needed (12/13 in the video), but I just found it really strange that they would make such a change to the Aggressive trait for a scenario, especially considering that the scenario appears to not really be about building units from cities. As such, I wouldn't think such a change would be important for a scenario - hence it piping up my curiosity.

Watiggi

Comment

Working...
      X