Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How City Placement Determines Diplomacy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How City Placement Determines Diplomacy!

A face only a mother could love...as exhibited by the fact that I've been attacked by 4 civs already. Next time, I'll bring two of the end cities up a bit to make the smile a little more inviting. (Note: This layout was entirely by accident...lest you think I'm a complete fool...as opposed to a partial fool, which is widely accepted.)

I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Still playing then?
    "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

It's the cardboard poisoning. Addictive, obsessive behavior is a late-phase symptom, I'm afraid.
      Last edited by Guynemer; July 15, 2006, 18:20.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Still playing then?
        Indeed! I'll have more to say on that later.
        It's the cardboard poisoning. Addictive, obsessive behavior is a late-phase symptom, I'm afraid.
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

You're bordering five different civs there Yin. And knowing you, seems like you'd cram 7 civs into a small map with aggressive AI, so no surprise you got attacked .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I think it's 6 civs on my border! I held out pretty well, even pulled even in tech...but pretty much had to do that with keeping a pretty thin army. When 3 civs DOW'd in close succession at that point, I was a gonner. I did beat back one of them, though.

Interesting thing about Aggressive AI is that it's like sharks. If they smell blood, it's a feeding frenzy. Poor Alexander in my current game just got DOW'd by 4 or 5 Civs! What's so fun about that is I managed to watch the religious situation, sided with what looked to be the more powerful group, paid one of them to DOW Alexander...was watching the power graph to pick my moment to get a city or two...but before then two civs piled in.

One of them (Cyrus) asked me: "Aren't you going to attack Greece with us?" To which I thought: "ME? Attack Greece? Well, the thought never occured to me before, but since you asked me so nicely..."

Comment

Yin, you're the best.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Comment

I am playing a game and so far 4 nations have declared war on me. I just noticed that the cities look like a sideways smile face.
                  USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                  The video may avatar is from

Comment

I'm glad you're still playing, Yin.

Comment

Working...
                    X