Early Game Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Game Music

I recently realized when playing that there is no game music for me during the Ancient and Classical eras. Sometimes I can faintly hear drums I think, and if I get close to a city then there's a bit of music, but it's so quiet otherwise. Is this normal?
    - Dregor

You need to research Music. Duh.

Often, the silence becomes too overpowering and I need to alter my entire strategy in order to beeline to Music so that I can get the soundtrack going
    Last edited by LordShiva; July 13, 2006, 22:47.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

oh >< That's a bit silly imo!
      - Dregor

Comment

Originally posted by dregor
        oh >< That's a bit silly imo!
        I think he's joking, there are four tracks in the "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack\Classical" folder, AncientSoundrack1, AncientSoundrack2, AncientSoundrack3, and AncientSoundrack4. Since Music is a Medieval tech, what would be the point of those being there? I'm pretty sure I've heard them in-game, though very faintly.

I think part of the reason why they may not be heard often is the way they are arranged. AncientSoundtrack1 starts with over a minute of non-musical rhythmic sounds, like forge sounds, occasional grunts, etc., before anything that sounds like music starts. I don't know how the music playing in the game works, but if it resets when you view cities or enter menus, you may not get a chance to hear the rest of the almost 13 minute track. AncientSoundtrack2 is mostly silent for the first 35 seconds before the vocals kick in. AncientSoundtrack4 is the only one that starts with music immediately, and all these tracks seem to be recorded at a much lower volume than the later ones.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

I had to research all the way to computers just to be able to play the game...of course completing the oracle in time to get computers as my free tech really helped to speed things up....but now i have to build the internet if i want to play a MP game...
            no more turns...

Comment

Well, I made those beelines as well, but then it turned out that none of my cities were on rivers, and all the coal and uranium were on other continents, so I didn't have any electricity

Comment

The aim is to pair the music with the era, since they didn't have violins in 4000bc they tried something different.

I just take NiN tracks, rename them and play with that soundtrack

Tom P.

Comment

Working...
                X