permanent allinence problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• permanent allinence problem

Recently I signed a permanent allience with the Americans. Earlier the Americans built a city on my northern border my borders previously extended to right next to their city square at 97% Russian once I signed the deal they got more squares. Once Phily's culture reached fifteen they got squares tht were 100% Russian. Also some of squares they got are also in Berlin's fat cross. Anyone know why this is?
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Well, Berlin is a city you've conquered while Philidelphia is one of their own - it's not too surprising that they should have comparable culture. I've never noticed a cultural border problem with neighbouring permenant allies.

Check the culture graph to see if they have used any great artists. If you can't look into Philidelphia's city screen (can't remember if permanent alliance allows this) send a spy into the city to see where it's culture is coming from.

Are the squares that the Americans got still at 100% Russian or are they now marked as greater than 50% American (or greater than 33% American if 3 civs have influence in the region).
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Permanent Alliance centers/straightens cultural borders with that AI. You would not want to nab a city from your closest ally, now would you?
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Thedrin
        Well, Berlin is a city you've conquered while Philidelphia is one of their own - it's not too surprising that they should have comparable culture. I've never noticed a cultural border problem with neighbouring permenant allies.

Check the culture graph to see if they have used any great artists. If you can't look into Philidelphia's city screen (can't remember if permanent alliance allows this) send a spy into the city to see where it's culture is coming from.

Are the squares that the Americans got still at 100% Russian or are they now marked as greater than 50% American (or greater than 33% American if 3 civs have influence in the region).
        Philidelphia's culture is 25 and Berlin's is 500+. The squares that they got are now 2-15%. When they first got the squares there were some that said 0% American. Tattila may have ansered my queston, but it seems like they got more squres than me.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
        X