Fantasy map style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy map style?

Has anyone else played a game on this map? Was there an idea behind it, or is it just to annoy the crap out of me when I'm trying to build improvements?

Rice patties on a hill... interesting... oasis on a beach... mmk...

The top-to-bottom and side-to-side combined map wrapping is rather trippy as well. I kept forgetting my enemy could also attack from "above" and "below".

Never tried it. The way you describe it makes it sound weird though, and annoying.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It actually is kind of an interesting idea having a map set up that way... but there’s so much tundra and ice interwoven with more desireable land that cities rarely can get more than 14 or 15 population. Also, resources seem to be a bit on the sparse side, so trade isn't too great.

Comment

It is very...interesting, I played it but once, and found it a little to weird.
        "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
        Check out my Blog!

Comment

Especially difficult to predict where new resources (horses, copper, iron, etc.) will arrive. Also wierd to see an opponent to your north suddenly exhibit cultural borders to your south. I also thought that resources overall seemed a bit sparse.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
          X