• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random reboot with GeForce

Pentium 4 2.8GHz
    1GB Ram
    Latest updates for Civ IV, drivers for chipset, video card

BFG GeForce 6200 OC

I just bought the GeForce hoping to get better performace than the ATI Raedeon. And I do. But after about 20 mins of play the computer reboots.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by CarnalCanaan; July 7, 2006, 18:35.
    "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
    "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
    "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Re: Random reboot with GeForce

Originally posted by CarnalCanaan
    I just bought the GeForce hoping to get better performace than the ATI Raedeon. And I do. But after about 20 mins of play the computer reboots.

Any ideas?
    Heat problems? Does is reboot always after 20 minutes, or only when under stress (Civ4, other GPU and CPU intensive applications)?

Many motherboards come with a tool which can display the values of the heat sensors. If you do not have such a tool, look at the website of the board's manufacturer. Then, run Civ4 in a window and keep attention to the displays.

Comment

Heat would also be my guess. Try to cool it more. If you can't, don't overclock it

Comment

My CPU runs a bit hot, but I've been having this same problem with Warlords. CivIV ran fine before and no other ap does bluescreens/reboots for me.

Comment

I just started having this problem with my computer. I've been running the latest patch of Civ 4 since it came out, without any issues until this week. In the last couple of days however, I haven't been able to play more than a few minutes without the game crashing. The screen freezes and after a few minutes the system is forced to reboot. Upon reboot the system sends an error message to microsoft stating that this is an issue with the graphics driver. My drivers are completely up to date and this hasn't happened with any other program I currently use, including other games. Any suggestions?

System info
          HP Pavilion
          AMD Athlon 64 3300+ 2.4GHz
          1GB RAM
          GeForce FX 5700VE 256MB
          Win XP SP2
          Civ 4 patch 1.61
          If you don't know where you're going, how do you know you never got there?

Comment

Working...
          X