Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Great Engineer

Hey everyone,

I'm not entirely new to the game, but after just playing around with it for a bit I decided I definitely needed some strat help and began looking for sites like these. So, I've got a noob question for you

Why is everyone talking about GE rushing Wonders, when in my game they always state: can only help constructing buildings? I don't get it.

Can help in constructing buildings: The great engineer can be used to add a great deal of production to whatever a city is building. The amount of production is so large that the great engineer can complete most* wonders single handedly.

* Late game wonders will take a lot more than one great engineer to complete.
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Re: Question on Great Engineer

Originally posted by Palpster
      Why is everyone talking about GE rushing Wonders, when in my game they always state: can only help constructing buildings? I don't get it.
      Most wonders ARE buildings. Projects such as Manhattan Project and spaceship parts are not.

Comment

Hmmm....well, I guess I'd best get back to it and try, but I seem to remember the "help build" button being greyed out on several occasions. Maybe I only tried it on projects

Comment

You can rush almost all Wonders. All minor Wonders, and the few ones you can't rush are Manhattan, Internet and (I think) the Space Elevator. Spaceship parts can't be rushed either.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Spaceship parts aren't really wonders, and they aren't really buildings either; same applies to the Internet, Manhattan, although I don't know about the Space Elevator.

It makes sense, mostly.

Comment

Yes, well, they're projects. It's just that the in-game difference between the Internet and, say, Kremlin is not really visible unless you consult the Civilopedia. Hence, it can be a bit surprising that some Wonders don't get rushed.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It'd be cool if they made the great scientist be able to rush the projects that the GE can't, since it makes sense that a great scientist would be able to rush a spaceship part, or the internet, or the manhattan project or the space elevator.

But maybe that's a bit over-the-top.

Comment

A Great Engineer can rush production on the Space Elevator. One can beeline to Fusion to get the free Engineer so that the Elevator will be built more quickly for the rest of the spaceship parts as you backfill the other techs for them.

Comment

Considering, that a laboratory helps in SS-part building, GS rushing scientific projects and SS-parts would be indeed neat.
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                    X