Preview from Yahoo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview from Yahoo.

There isn't much new exept that it has been confirmed that trebuchets will be in the game.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Wasn't that just taken from Gamespot?

Comment

ahh Firaxis searches for more money ....

one day a game company will release a game that doesnt need expansion packs..

ohsorry i must leave in dreamland
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin

But they learnt from experience that alot of people buy them, no matter how much they grumble.

I know I will be.
        Last edited by Nugog; July 6, 2006, 07:22.
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

If you're looking for a different challenge, you can play one of the eight new scenarios in Warlords, and yes, that's a bump up from the original six scenarios that were announced for the expansion. The first of these two new scenarios is Omen, which is an alternative history scenario in which Great Britain and France race to settle North America, yet strange and mysterious events occur along the way. As you can probably guess from the name, there should be a supernatural element in this scenario, which is a change of pace from the six original scenarios, all of which are historically based.

wtf...

supernatural element ????
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex

I'm guessing it'll be a play once kinda thing.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Yay...Trebuchets...

Comment

Trebuchets
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

IIRC, you try to convert natives, which gives you favors from God if you are more successful than the other guy.
                  Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

I do not think that civ4 "needs" an expansion pack, but I sure am glad to get more stuff from Firaxis. Civ4 is probably my favorite of all the Civ games, but that does not mean that adding more (good and balanced) stuff to the game cannot make it better. Your post reminds me of the American Patent Office Secretary who stated sometime around the year 1900 that the patent office should be closed because everything that could possibly be patented had already been invented.

And yes, you do live in dreamland because here in the real world, companies, even gaming companies, exist because they want to MAKE MONEY.
                    "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

As you can probably guess from the name, there should be a supernatural element in this scenario, which is a change of pace from the six original scenarios, all of which are historically based.

wtf...

Actually that's pretty sweet.

It'll be the first time a civ game has properly recognized the existence of God .

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDave

I do not think that civ4 "needs" an expansion pack, but I sure am glad to get more stuff from Firaxis. Civ4 is probably my favorite of all the Civ games, but that does not mean that adding more (good and balanced) stuff to the game cannot make it better. Your post reminds me of the American Patent Office Secretary who stated sometime around the year 1900 that the patent office should be closed because everything that could possibly be patented had already been invented.

And yes, you do live in dreamland because here in the real world, companies, even gaming companies, exist because they want to MAKE MONEY.
                        No i never said that all had been invented (included in game) i said it should have been included at the start.

and yes my post was meant to be a light hearted attempt at humour. sorry you missed it.

and you are right , not only do the game industry do this, movie makers do it too.

Starwars Episode 4-6 were reimaged by George Lucas and re-released with all the modern graphics and of course we had to pay.

Lord of the rings movies, you had to buy the DVD to get the extra footage.

So i am aware that it goes on . But this is a forum for passing the time and one day you will note that my sense of humour is in all my posts.
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

But this is a forum for passing the time and one day you will note that my sense of humour is in all my posts.
                          If there is no laughter at the end of a joke, is that the fault of the comedian or the audience?

If a city is lost in Civ4, is that the fault of the defender or the attacker?

If I cannot afford the Warlords expansion, is that the fault of my salary or the fact that I spent so much to upgrade my computer to get Civ4 working in the first place?

The first two questions discuss the assignment of responsibility. The third question is just whining.
                          If you aren't confused,
                          You don't understand.

Comment

cIV is actually a quite good, and finished, game in and of itself.

XPs are intended to be an opportunity to release content that had the game been released with it, would have meant the game takes an extra year or two to come out. That, and would cost a good deal more ...

Clearly, Civ3 was not a finished game to start with, and thus the PTW expansion to add completeness to it, falls more in your category above.

Civ4 is a great game to play, by itself, and anything that you add to it is just more icing on the cake
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                            X