wonders question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wonders question

Recently I was woking on the Three Gorges. I discovered with a spy that both me and Victoria would both finish in six turns. I ended up cutting down a forest to ensure I would get it, but for future reference if two players should finish a wonder at the same time who would get it?
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

In my experience, I've found that the AI gets it if both are to complete it on the same turn. I was building the Pyramids and had one turn to go. I ended the turn and someone else built them.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man which he proposes to pay off with your money.

Comment

In my games whenever i had 1 turn left to complete a wonder i always got it....AFAIK in SP the human player plays his turn before the ai....
      no more turns...

Comment

Originally posted by fani
        In my games whenever i had 1 turn left to complete a wonder i always got it....AFAIK in SP the human player plays his turn before the ai....
        I've had a few games where the AI has their city before I've moved or done anything, just went into world editor. Though I think usaually the Human goes before the AI.

Comment

You're going to finish in one turn, which will be next turn. The AI is also going to get it in one turn, but has not yet made its "this turn" progress, which it does not do until you signal that you have finished your turn. So the AI is actually a turn ahead of you in building the wonder. At least, that's how I see it.

Comment

I've been told that the person who gets it is the person with the most overflow after completing the build. To ensure you get it over the AI try rush completing on the last turn.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

If you end your turn first wouldn't you be a turn ahead?
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

I'd still like to see Persian/Iranian wonders in the game.

Long, long overdue.
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

To the best of my knowledge the human always goes first and so, with one turn to go, the human always wins.

I really don't think it can be the overflow method described above that is the decided. If I am building an archer to defend a city, it's one turn from being done, and press end turn. While the AI is playing it's turns the archer is already there to defend the town. Or if I'm researching a tech that says one turn to go the AI will approach me during its turn to trade for it. The job is finished when you press enter, not when everyone has played through the same year. To that extent the human is first among equals.

It's possible I suppose that the human isn't always first, but whenever I've started within sight of an AI, I always have the privilage of starting. On one marvellous occassion trapping the Greek settler on a peninsula three tiles from my capital. Unable to found Athens and unable to go through my borders. It was only when my borders expanded that he was thrown into the wide world and able to build his own city.
                  www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I've never tested the overflow theory so I can't attest to it, but it makes sense in the 'simultaneous' MP games, such as network games (as opposed to PBEM which is clearly turn ordered).
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X