X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Preview from Gamespy

Previews everywhere!!

Not much new on this one except this:

Five other historical scenarios [In addition to Barbarians the Viking scen] round out the package. There's the War of Chinese Unification, which takes place during China's Warring Dynasties period; the Peloponnesian War, which recreates the epic war between Athens and Sparta in ancient Greece; a scenario that retells Alexander the Great's historical exploits in Europe, Africa, and Asia; one entitled the Rise of Rome, which pits Rome, Carthage, Egypt, Greece, and the Celts for control of the Mediterranean; and one based on Genghis Khan's famous conquests. Finally, there are two alternate history scenarios on offer. The first is the aforementioned Barbarians! scenario, but the second one is only a little less "out there." It's called conversion, and it takes place in the Ohio River Valley in the 18th Century. As you probably guessed, the whole point of it is to convert the native people. You can play as either Great Britain or France, and depending on how well you're doing, you'll either incur the favor or wrath of the Christian deity.

I'm guessing 'conversion' is the same as 'Omen'?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

The leaders are completly wrong. Hanibal is counted as part of the new civs. Alexzander was already in it. Where they got TR, I don't know. The leaders are Stalin, Churchill, Augustus, and Ramses II.

It looks like the mystical element in Omen has been revealed.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Thanks for the link Imran. That last scenario sounds weird, but it's better than the old ones in a new package, like the endless WW2 scenarios and such.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
      X