Unit names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit names

How do you change a specific unit's name ingame? I know you could do it in PTW when you're unit had a leader come forth from him, but I've seen people do it in IV.

When you click on the unit, the box appears in the lower left hand corner, it says "Warrior"(Example) Click on the name(Warrior), and you will be able to change its name. Also in Civ3, I think all you had to do is press Shift+N to rename a unit, however that could have been C3C...
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    Check out my Blog!

Comment

Or in C3C you can right click on a unit, and rename from there also, it's one of the options. Maybe you can do that in C4 also?

Comment

But people did think the Earth was flat in the 1400s.

Comment

Pictures are better...

Check out my Blog!

Comment

Hahah why did you censer all the states of the city?

Comment

He didn't want to let us know how awful he was doing, despite the fact that the mini map is totally just his civ.

Thanks smellycowsquid.

Comment

My computer is 5 years old, can't afford one, and well, I play it that way, just requires more...uhh...Skill?
                Check out my Blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Smellycowsquid
                  Uhh... Skill?
                  No, I'm sorry, time is the word we were looking for, thanks for playing, though.

Comment

Check out my Blog!

Comment

I like to name my units when (if !) they reach level 5, because it helps me to identify the better ones. Tanks get called Bash, Thump, etc., longbowmen Robin and others of his merry men, and once I got a spearman who was named Prod. And naturally when I'm playing as the French my Musketeers become Athos, Porthos, Aramis and d'Artagnan.

Comment

But what if (god forbid) d'Artagnan dies?!

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
                          But what if (god forbid) d'Artagnan dies?!
                          I get around this issue by naming my land units Custer, Paulus, Petain, Kimmel, Montcalm, etc. And you can imagine the possibilities for naval units.
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                          X