New Warlords info from Gamespot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Warlords info from Gamespot

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Two additional scenarios announced:

--"Omen", a reimagining of the race to the New World between England and France, with some sort of supernatural elements thrown in.

--"Barbarians", just like the regular game except you play as those goddamned barbs.

According to the article, Warlords should be released in about a month...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Man, when it rains, it pours! A ton of new Warlords info tonight. Thanks for the link Guynemer.

Here is a great new screenshot included in the preview. It shows our first look at Ragnar, the Viking Leader! He looks great! It also shows the Viking town of Birka with presumably the Viking flag. Personally I think the one included in Vanilla Civ IV with the Viking helmet was cooler.

This screenshot appears to show the Celtic flag.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm not much of a scenario fan but these are very interesting, I'll have to try them.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
        I'm not much of a scenario fan but these are very interesting, I'll have to try them.
        Same here, however supernatural elements sound interesting, as playing as the Barbarians ( pillage and destroy - how would that be different from my current gamestyle?)

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

The fact that they even made the scenarios a feature means that they are meant for a widespread audience, and most people will hopefully enjoy them.

Comment

What's with the horny helmet? Vikings supposedly didn't wear such. I guess its just one of our silly misconceptions - like believing that people thought the earth was flat in the 1400's and the average knight was 5 feet 2 inches tall.

Comment

Originally posted by nugog

Same here, however supernatural elements sound interesting, as playing as the Barbarians ( pillage and destroy - how would that be different from my current gamestyle?)

"Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
              Check out my Blog!

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider

This screenshot appears to show the Celtic flag.
                It's the Carthegenian flag.
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

Hmm, I bet you are right. They just gave it to a Celtic city to confuse us. Likewise, the Viking City probably has a Celtic flag.

By the way, I would be very upset if my Vikings didn't have horny helmets.
                  http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree, myth or no myth, horny helmets should be on viking heads! Along with those dragon heads on thier boats.

Comment

I disagree, those horns looks silly on him. And those dragons really were used in architecture, the horns were not.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yeah, they could have at least been a bit more realistic. He'd look Viking without the horns, so they weren't needed.

Just give him the Civ3 helmet.
                        Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Are you kidding me?

The horns are the viking trademark.

Comment

Are you kidding me?

What evidence is there that Vikings DIDN'T wear horned helmets?

In fact, there's a great deal of indirect evidence that they certainly did. The only matter up for dispute is really whether or not they wore them into battle, or if they were simply ceremonial.

Regardless, when a Viking Leader is meeting with the leader of another Civ, he'd certainly be decked out in what he believes to be his most impressive wardrobe.

Like Navy Officers wearing Dress Whites, or Marines carrying swords.

Are those myths simply because neither unit goes into battle in that gear and it's all ceremonial?

I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancidlunchmeat
                              Are you kidding me?

What evidence is there that Vikings DIDN'T wear horned helmets?

In fact, there's a great deal of indirect evidence that they certainly did. The only matter up for dispute is really whether or not they wore them into battle, or if they were simply ceremonial.

Regardless, when a Viking Leader is meeting with the leader of another Civ, he'd certainly be decked out in what he believes to be his most impressive wardrobe.

Like Navy Officers wearing Dress Whites, or Marines carrying swords.

Are those myths simply because neither unit goes into battle in that gear and it's all ceremonial?

I think not.
                              Could you give me any evidence that they did? Also, Navy Officers carry swords to.
                              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
                              X