No announcement yet.

Warlords: Found some pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that screenshot and I thought exactly the same thing... Mausoleum. But... I've seen the Malinese University picture in various stages of completion, just like a wonder movie. And why would they have a movie for the unique buildings?

Are the unique buildings perhaps like national wonders for that civ? So you could only use your special building in ONE city? I thought I saw that they replaced some other building, but I suppose both could be true.

Or are there more than 3 wonders?

Or maybe the mausoleum is a scenario only wonder?
    (I hope not).

Comment

Originally posted by Simplicity

Are the unique buildings perhaps like national wonders for that civ? So you could only use your special building in ONE city?
      That idea wasdicused in this theard.http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=150494
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

FWIW, it has been confirmed that unique buildings do simply replace existing buildings similar to unqiue units.
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

It is the Sankore University of Timbuktu.

Sankore University

Though what it might be used for, I'm not sure.
          "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
          "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
          "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Oh, and the Celtic leaderhead (Brennus?) is using Washington's background.

Not quite finished yet.
            "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
            "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
            "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Thanks again for posting this simplicity. I don't know how you found this, but it was a great find.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Alex
                I would have rendered that "Novaya" although I am not really familiar with this saying "For (the?) new Russia."
                Oh, that's right, it's Novaya, sorry, heh.

Comment

Lucky Google search turned these pictures up.

Take a look at this image...

http://www.latenightpc.com/pictures/...geViewsIndex=1

Is that a siege tower? Possibly a hint for a new unit if it's in the cutscene...

I've personally been hoping for BATTERING RAMS (something that helps lay seige earlier than catapults). But a seige tower could be cool depending on how it was implemented... (Maybe allow a single unit to attack without regard to the defensive penalties). Yes, that could be very handy.

Comment

More picture scouring...

Fourth unit in the cities unit stack... What the heck is THAT?

Comment

The fourth tech at the top looks new. It looks like a picture of a guy with a turban. The civilization is the American civilization... So I'm not sure this is a scenario.

The civ apparently has only fishing and agriculture.... But it's 265 BC? Huh?
                      Turban-guy is apparently either a tech on the first line or its dependent on fishing or agriculture.

Comment

Have you seen the opening movie?

It showed a battle you would see from Rome: Total War complete with a siege tower, yet it wasn't a unit.

I don't think they'd add it now, just because the opening movie is a bit different.

Comment

Hmm, i think that one is a great prophet actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplicity

The fourth tech at the top looks new. It looks like a picture of a guy with a turban. The civilization is the American civilization... So I'm not sure this is a scenario.

The civ apparently has only fishing and agriculture.... But it's 265 BC? Huh?
                            Turban-guy is apparently either a tech on the first line or its dependent on fishing or agriculture.
                            I'm pretty sure that guy is a great general, based on a few other screenshots i have seen of him.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider

Hmm, i think that one is a great prophet actually.
                              I think you're right on that one now that I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider

I'm pretty sure that guy is a great general, based on a few other screenshots i have seen of him.
                                Not the unit standing in the city. That guy is the Great General... apparently "attached" to the longbows, since you can see him and the longbows in the same square at the same time?

I mean the fourth TECH on the research line. It looks like a guy with a turban. (Maybe they're reusing a graphic for a unit up there?)

Comment

Working...
                                X