Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't update my game o__O HEEELP!!

I need a little help here!!

I tried to update to 1.61 my civilization IV, but then a message appears saying something like "You don't have Sid Meier's Civilization IV installed in your system" O___O and I haven't touched it...

Please help me... what should I do?

Re: I can't update my game o__O HEEELP!!

Originally posted by Klaha
    I tried to update to 1.61 my civilization IV, but then a message appears saying something like "You don't have Sid Meier's Civilization IV installed in your system" O___O and I haven't touched it...
    I guess that some registry settings have become corrupt. Can you start the game? If so, try to select "Advanced" -> "Check for updates" from the main menu. If not, you have to reinstall; don't worry, your saved games and settings will not be affected.

Comment

I just reinstalled the game after losing a disk and having my computer die. I got the same thing when I updated, bringing the update from the "Check for Updates menu.

Then, after it told me I didn't have it, it said it was searching for things to update, and would update as it found them. Now, it's asking me to install a thing called "xFire." Is this part of the game, or is someone trying to hack me?
      I don't know what I've been told!
      Deirdre's got a Network Node!
      Love to press the Buster Switch!
      Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Re: I can't update my game o__O HEEELP!!

Originally posted by Klaha
        I need a little help here!!

Please help me... what should I do?
        Klaha,

Look at the suggestions in this thread. Let me know if you need more help.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
        X