Great city for wonders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great city for wonders!

Look at this city, it's perfect for building wonders, and this is the starting city. Stone and Marble right next to eachother. Just curious though, does the city have to be right on the coast to build Great Lighthouse or can I build it if I put the city right there (1 tile from the coast)?
    Attached Files

Only in coastal cities.

Comment

Yeah... I'd definitely go one north. Not for the great lighthouse, but for the fact that a high production coastal city combined with west point and heroic epic can be a lot of fun.

This city is going to be a big producer and so might as well take advantage
      "The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn."

Feyd

Comment

What luck! You should attempt an all wonders challenge with that kind of set up.

I assume you are not using some mod map generator.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

yes, settle on the coast
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Meh -- I think it's a bad location. How will have you be able to take advantage of the production if you can't grow enough of a population??

You got high production there, but poor growth. Of course, your screenshot doesn't show the second ring of tiles that will be available later.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Appears to be a floodplain or two to the west, and grasslands to the east...
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Usally I have to use the WB for a city that good. Lucky.
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                  Appears to be a floodplain or two to the west, and grasslands to the east...
                  Enough for real growth, and enough to sustain growth over a longer period of time?

If one or two of those food tiles have a food bonus, this site is awesome then.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

And there is a river there, so irrigation isn't a problem.

If only there was a luxury resource nearby, it would be a perfect city.

Comment

A good spot. And if we still had food caravans in Civ4...
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Far out - I have never seen a "game" generated start that good!

I'd move to the coast.

Enjoy!
                        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

It was generated by Smart Map, but I didn't edit anything from what it generated.

I got the first 4 wonders built, (then someone took the Pyrmaids when I was just 5 turns away from getting it)

Later in the game I found it wasn't such a great spot, my neighbors ended up being Tokugawa, Alexander, and Montezuma. Monty declared war, and I just couldn't hold up against him.

Comment

Hahahaha, Tokugawa, Alex, and Monty?! Man, you got screwed over.

And it's dissappointing that it was from Smart Map, because it would have been interesting if it was just a randomly generated map.

Comment

Definately three fun ones to start with on your borders.

So be it.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X