Your preferred method of victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your preferred method of victory

I see many people say to turn space race off. So if you don't win that way, how do you like to win? Some victory methods are tedious if not impossible to achieve. Enlighten me please.
    Time
    0.00%
    Conquest
    16.67%
    domination
    26.19%
    space ship
    23.81%
    diplomatic
    4.76%
    cultural
    23.81%
    You can win at this game? (generic banana option)
    4.76%

Preferred is Conquest. I love seeing the armies of the world fall before my boots as I reduce their cities to rubble. (Just pray that you have a wonder or a resource I don't have two of).

The way I have won the most, however, is through Culture. It's so easy (for me at least) to get three cities with 150k culture that it normally robs me of any other victory because it is the only one you can't really stop other than "Time" which isn't a victory condition imo.
    "The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn."

Feyd

Comment

I voted for diplomatic because all you have to do is make a plan of you will and will not defeat. Then, be nice to the people your not going to attack.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

I voted Domination altough they are often of the "diplomatic" variety (ie I have 60% of the world population but only 50% of the territory... it's still a domination).

Comment

I just heard that spaceship takes away a part of the end game. And imho it does. I never have the resources to build planes or bombers. I have to devote everything to building the spaceship (and research), or the AI will beat me.

I have had so few late game wars. If they happen it's usually of the pathetic variety. Nothing on a grand scale.

Comment

any more responses?

I hear you guys win at these (at least to me) ridiculously high difficulty levels. How exactly do you win?

Comment

I usually go for conquest

If that is looking dodgy I'll usuallygo for domination.
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I end up doing the space ship most of the time, though I don't prefer it. I'm going to have to bear down eventually and disallow space ship win for me only.

Diplo win is iffy because I don't bother to be THAT nice and take that much care in diplomacy. Domination is difficult because I have a problem of never getting around to declaring war, and then have to push hard to get the victory in time.

Comment

I've tried for conquest but usually wind up with domination first.
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                    I've tried for conquest but usually wind up with domination first.
                    That's why I burn their towns to the ground... it's not as frowned upon by all as it was in Civ III I think.
                    "The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn."

Feyd

Comment

I like to kick ass... and when they're down I'll kick them some more

I don't like domination and diplomacy victories, as they both are cheap conquest victories. I like to kick them when they're down, and these two victories makes it impossible

And if Space Race is on, then almost all games end with that (if you get to the modern age that is), which I don't like

Culture is interesting, but I haven't won it that many times, unfortunately the AI never wins this way
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I like culture most, probably because it was my first win. I do not like Conquest and Domination, because I tend to play on quite large maps, and it takes too much work to conquer most of the world.

Comment

Domination. Once you have the largest, most prosperous civ, you can choose what ever victory you like.

Since I'm usually lazy, I mostly settle for Domination.

I'm currently working on a Conquest victory. Continental maps seem well suited for that purpose: I control one continent and burn others to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                          X