Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of the Warlords additions are you looking forward to the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, it makes sense compared to real life. Vassals often rebelled and tried to change their status.
    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin
      I would have voted for vassels, but I read the vassel is only your vassel for a limited number of terms than you have to renegotiate. To me that destroys the concept. I might as well just destory them than except an x term vassel.

Mike
      Actually, I don't think that's how it works. Where did you read that quote?
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26

Actually, I don't think that's how it works. Where did you read that quote?
        I've read that too.

I'll probably go into the xml files and make it so long it practicly will be permenent. That is if I can find the file.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Heard the scenarios were good.

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin
            I would have voted for vassels, but I read the vassel is only your vassel for a limited number of terms than you have to renegotiate. To me that destroys the concept. I might as well just destory them than except an x term vassel.

Mike
            Remember... peace treaties (and other agreements) are ten turns in length as well. I would think that the "ten turn rule" is just Firaxis doing what has been done with other agreements. It's not necessarially automatically renegotiated I would think and to cancel it you would have to go through the same basic steps you would for any agreement.

I would think that if you are still stronger and not overly cruel towards your vassals then they wouldn't risk ticking you off by trying to cancel the agreement. I could be wrong though.

The thing I'm looking forward to in regards to this feature is that it will give me access similar to a permanent alliance, but without destroying my tech production or requiring me to give all of my stuff to a somewhat unreliable AI.
            "The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn."

Feyd

Comment

Agreed with Feyd.

It probably works the same way, just Firaxis clarifiying that if you submit to becoming a vassal, you aren't stuck like that for the remainder of the game.

Comment

No way am I being anyone's vassal.

Comment

Vassal states should have been implemented long time ago. They had it in SMAC and it's a very useful feature. Suppose you are Caesar and have clubbered both Mansa Musa and Washington into submission, imagine what research capability you are getting!

Comment

Vassal States
                    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I agree Vassel states are needed as SMAC, but if the AI can negate them shortly afterwards (and I bet they do). The concept is fatally flawed.

Mike

Comment

Yeah I bet vassals won't last more than 50 turns before they grow balls again and say to **** off.

Comment

I like the concept of the unique buildings. Whenever I play I like to feel like my civilization is something special (awww, insert cutesy affection here) and unique buildings seem like another good way to specialize and add synergy.

Comment

Unique buildings. I think they're going to add a great new level of gameplay to the game as a whole. New civs are always nice, but I view them as the 'default' that all Civ expansions will have so don't really count them. I have to see vassal states in action before I can pass judgement on them... I just don't see the AI using them with a player much. I can barely keep them from attacking me for no reason a lot of the time
                            - Dregor

Comment

Vassal States.

Comment

I can't pick one. I'm looking forward to the following:

Warlords
                                Vassal States
                                Scenarios <--- this being the real surprise. I usually don't care for scenarios, but they've got some really interesting looking ones this time around.
                                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                                X