Diety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diety

Does anyone regularly play Diety level? If you do how often do you win. I personally can't win on anything past Prince (and I loose on prince more often then I win) so it would supprise me if anyone (even the best of players) can win on Diety.

I'm on Diety level, trying to eat less and get more exercise...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It's called Diety difficulty because you're guaranteed to die.

Okay, seriously. There are some strategies which work on Deity. The main ones use Inca and Marathon speed since the fancy warriors can easily bring down a Deity AI capital.

I don't think anyone can win Deity with random leader and random settings, most deity strategies seem to involve pretty much rigging the settings.

Comment

I haven't played beyond Prince because I find victory fairly hit and miss on that level. I only migrated to Prince because Noble was too easy and became boring. I play with random Civs though - if I played with Civs of my choice I would win every time, but what challenge is that?

I suppose I could win similarly on Monarch and above, but since I don't have a small penis, I have nothing really to prove to myself. I play for fun.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

What was your (all of you guy) regular play level on Civ2/3/AC and how doe sit compare to Civ4?

Comment

Civ 3 I believe I played Warloard. But I would definatly be playing better in Civ 3 now because I have gotten better from playing Civ 4. I play on Noble and almost always win (unless I had some very bad starting spot) and win sometimes on Prince (basically when I get a good starting spot)

I'd really say I'm on a level between Noble and Prince.

Comment

In Civ 3 I would always win in Monarch and win about 1/3 of the time on Emperor. In Civ 4 I can win on Monarch about 2/3 of the time and I have only beaten emperor a few time. I am getting close to where I was in Civ3 and I think that the difficulty levels compare pretty closely between the two games, at least in my experience.
              "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Favourite for Civ3 was Emperor, and later demigod. For Civ4 I like Monarch and Emperor, but not the others. Deity (as opposed to diety ) is just silly, and you can't win without cooking the settings or being very lucky.

Comment

For CIV_2 I played one game on the hardest difficulty and I was extremely lucky. This game gave bonus points for every civilization which you eliminated. Everytime I found a civilization within the game it was weaker than me... allowing me to kill it and steal a few techs while swallowing their cities. This game even added additional civilizations beyond what the player could set because I was killing them so quickly.

In Civ_4 I currently play Prince games and almost always seem to win... plan to try Monarch again soon. Also I never cheat by creating a map to my advantage, reloading a saved game or using world builder.

Comment

Diety is so impossible, it's not fun.

It's like playing Legendary on Halo 2.

Comment

I can't speak for him, but I think Aeson is pretty comfortable with Deity. Then again, probably not even he's comfortable on random settings. Oh well, Deity was supposed to be the near-impossible level.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

In civ3 I played on monarch. I actually did better in civ3 than in civ4. But that's because of armies. Armies rocked. But without them, the AI actually has a chance.

Comment

Armies were tight, as soon as you get a leader, you essentially win the game, because the rest of the game is ALL downhill.

On my, like, second game playing on Civ 3, I got a leader, and had no idea how to use him, so I sent him out to attack the enemy cavalry before my warriors came behind him.

Oh, and by the way, this was during the industrial ages. I was pretty clueless then.

So, to make a long story short, he died, and I checked the ever-so-helpful civilopedia to realize what a mistake I just made, and then laughed at myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X