XML Errors in 1.61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML Errors in 1.61

After installing the latest patch I get 3 errors when starting the game. They are:

Tag: LEADER_MAO_ZEDONG in Info class was incorrect
    Current XML file is: Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

Tag: BUILDINGCLASS_FORBIDDEN_PALACE in Info class was incorrect

Tag: BUILDINGCLASS_THREEGORGESDAM in Info class was incorrect

This is still happening even after a complete uninstall and reinstall. Strangely enough, even after doing this the BlueMarble terrain mod was still showing up on the main menu screen, but Mao is not available in the game! What is going on here and how do I fix it?

Sounds like you got stuck with some XML from 1.52 (or whatever version you last had installed). The tags you're getting errors on were changed from those names in 1.61, so you must have old files somewhere that still reference them that way. Uninstall one last time, but before re-installing & patching make sure all game data is deleted. First, get of the c:\program files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 directory and everything in it (or whatever directory you installed it under). Second, go to My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 and delete everything there too (unless you have save games or screenshots you want to keep, in which case spare the appropriate directories).

Hopefully that'll have cleaned out your old data and you should be able to install it again and patch it without trouble.

Comment

Thanks for the help! Getting rid of the My Documents folders fixed it!

Comment

Working...
      X