Manhatten project should grant atomic bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manhatten project should grant atomic bomb

Wouldn´t it be great if the civ that builds the Manhatten project would get an atomic bomb/Enola Gay style bomber when finished? It would closer resemble history, and could, as a special feature, force an enemy at war with you to offer peace. What do you think?

No.

Once the Manhattan Project had been completed the US still needed to construct the bombs.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      No.

Once the Manhattan Project had been completed the US still needed to construct the bombs.
      You're certainly not playing the realism card are you?

We're playing a game where archers have a chance to beat tanks.

Nothing that we can dream up is really out of the question.

Comment

Once you've used Planet Busters, nothing can make nukes look good.
        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
        -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Amickiew

You're certainly not playing the realism card are you?

Nothing that we can dream up is really out of the question.

I find it really frustrating that once one civ completes the Manhatten Project, all civ's can build nukes!

They should at least have to build the internet

However having any AI you are at war with having to sue for peace once you complete the Manhatten Project is not a bad idea.
          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Time for a quick dash at the strongest neighbour?
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Amickiew

well there is a chance an arrow will come in the big gun of a tank, and then the tank will explode upon shooting ...
              http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Personally I'd like to see the nuclear option fleshed out a bit more, if only for fun. Complete the strategic triad (subs, bombers, and missiles) that helped keep the world out of world war III. That's probably going deeper than the devs want to take it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  No.

The first operational bombs were constructed in 1945 and continued thereafter before the Project was turned over to the USAEC Jan 1st 1947.

You really should think before knocking down someone's idea.

Comment

As far as I know, the Manhatten project provided the USA with 3 nuclear bombs. The first was used for testing at Los Alamos, the other two were used against Japan. Or am I mistaken?

Comment

Originally posted by Grenouille
                      As far as I know, the Manhatten project provided the USA with 3 nuclear bombs. The first was used for testing at Los Alamos, the other two were used against Japan. Or am I mistaken?
                      Nope, you are correct.

Anyway, it wouldn't be a bad idea for the manhatten project to make a small atomic bomb for the player. If nothing else, it'd be one way for the hammers you spent on it to be worthwhile, instead of just letting someone else build it.

I don't know about forcing an enemy to offer you peace, though. Japan was already effectivly defeated before we dropped the bomb. If the situation was different (say, Germany had conquored all of Europe and then we dropped the bomb on them), I'm not sure it would have forced a surrender quite as easily.

Comment

Originally posted by -SafaN-

well there is a chance an arrow will come in the big gun of a tank, and then the tank will explode upon shooting ...
                        I rationalize it by saying that the tank crews have to come out of their tanks sometime... and then...
                        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Kind of off-topic, but you know what would be cool?

If the internet allowed all of your cities and future cities to be connected completely, without having to build roads, or build them on connecting rivers/water masses, or build airports, etc.

Comment

That's silly. How do you transport bananas via wires?
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

M-PROJECT should come with 1 free nuke. I totallly agree. That way the civ that first made it, gets on as part of the deal. A prototype if you will. That way you get to say "our words are backed by nuclear weapons" before everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X