Augustus Caesar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaybe

Large groups of right-leaning, evangelical christians still support him, and in the media they are almost(?) as bad in their oh-so-holy self-righteousness as radical muslims (though not as violent).
    Shouldn't they be praying instead of playing evil computer games that guarantee them a seat in the first circle of hell?

Hmmm what would GWB's traits be?

Surely there would be a negative factor on beakers?

As for the rankings, not too sure, but I would think that Augustus will be removed.
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
      I can't remember: is Otto von Bismark on the list?

You can't do that! He's already a civ LEADER!
      So? Julius Caesar is also on the list, but would you deny him the spot he deserves?

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
        So? Julius Caesar is also on the list, but would you deny him the spot he deserves?
        Doh! Good point.
        I play as Caesar all the time, once in a (great) while I even obtain that rank. Goes to show how much attention I give it ... after all, the end-of-game lasts me only a few minutes, while the huge/marathon game may last me 30-60(+) hours.

Comment

Originally posted by rjwoer

I'm not so sure I agree. At this point the vast majority of people have come to a consensus on Bush. I don't think it would be divisive, for that reason. Four years ago? Even two? You bet. But with Nixonian approval ratings, how divisive would it really be?
          Don't worry, Bush'll be "Reaganized" within a few short years. He was our first true conservative evangelical President. (Nixon was a Quaker. Clinton was a liberal evangelical.) That segment of religiousity is growing quickly in America--neck and neck with Islam.

Fun times.

But, yes, like Nixon, he'll go out with a whimper, a dodgy "not everything I did was boneheaded" speech, and unlike the Hammer, he'll keep his posterity-posterior in sight by getting as close to the center as possible. And eventually we'll all remember that he opened China, got us out of Vietnam and make him a regular spoof villian on "Futurama."

"Hi. I'm the head of George W. Bush. Without my body I don't have to worry about putting my foot in my mouth." *wheezy, creepy laugh*
          "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
          "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
          "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Wake up. Futurama ended like 5 years ago.
            Get on with your life.

Comment

This is a quote from the IGN review of Civ IV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
              10 Lasting Appeal
              There's a nearly endless variety in the single player game. Multiplayer is as convenient and enjoyable as ever.

Comment

Richard Nixon

Comment

This is a quote from the IGN review of Civ IV.

10 Lasting Appeal
                  There's a nearly endless variety in the single player game. Multiplayer is as convenient and enjoyable as ever.
                  Oh that's snide .

Comment

Comment

Wake up. Futurama ended like 5 years ago.
                      Get on with your life.
                      Actually, this is not true anymore.

It is returning with new episodes to Comedy Central.

Comment

I didn't know that. Great news.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                          Marcus Aurelius

What I really want to know is that who used to above Augustus. In Sulla's gameplay example preview based on a pre-release version, he mentioned that acheived a rank of Augustus Caesar at the end of the game but mentions in passing that there are some higher!

Mystery!
                          In Civ (original), I believe the top score would exceed even that of Solomon the Wise!
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                          X