Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory conditions

Hello all

I wondered if there was a way to turn off certain victory conditions in a single player game? I am thinking in particular of the spaceship win, which on harder levels on large maps seems to always be the first to be achieved, occasionally by me, but more likely by the AI

I noticed this was possible from within the interface in multiplayer games, but apparently not in single player mode. I do have some python skills if it comes doen to a bit of internal tinkering, but any answer along these lines, I would appreciate it if you held my hand and took me through it step by step.

How I long for the days of notepad modding in the old Civ 2 *nostalgic sigh*

Oh, great site btw. Certainly the best Civ site I found.

When starting a new game, select Custom Game. That allows you to turn off various victory options.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Thanks Petek. I had come across this but reading back I wasn't at all clear (sorry).

The question relates more to maps. I am a bit of a real-world junkie when it comes to Civ and usually play on the largest world map or the largest European map I can find.

Is there a way I can customise the included Earth map to turn off certain victory conditions, or alternatively is there a downloadable (massive) Earth map which has the dreaded spaceship victory turned off?

Comment

Okay

Firstly try downloading this map - it is pretty good.

As requested by some users, here is my Earth map with all the 18 civs unlocked, in their starting locations.

Secondly you start this as a single player custom game , then de-select any of the victory conditions you do not want.

Hope this is of some help
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
        X