What do think of this screenshot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do think of this screenshot?

I was looking through the Warlords screenshots and in the one below I noticed that the archers all looked different. At first I thought they were new special units, but then I relized they were all English. What do you think of it? (I didn't put this in the screenshot because all of those were from homemade screenshots.)
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

The general consensus on that screenshot is that Firaxis is planning to introduce race-specific artwork for certain units. For example, in the picture above, the English appear to have a unique looking Longbow, the Chinese will unique artwork for their Longbow, etc.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
      The general consensus on that screenshot is that Firaxis is planning to introduce race-specific artwork for certain units. For example, in the picture above, the English appear to have a unique looking Longbow, the Chinese will unique artwork for their Longbow, etc.
      Yet all three appear to be under the English flag. Am I missing something here?
      One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
      "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Lazy programmers, not bothering to use different flags?
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
          Lazy programmers

Hopefully they will do this for lots of units - won't add anything to the game, but would look cool!
          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I personally think that this screenshot should only be a way to Firaxis show some of the new units (or unit arts), not a real ingame screenshot. Those archers look like Egyptians and Mongols archers, and English longbowman.
            "We, civilizations, now know that we are mortals...", Paul Valéry

Comment

The one in the city is the original, which I think is Mesopotamian. So if they are race specific units (that haven't been assingned to the correct nation) ethier they are adding a mesopotamian nation, or they haven't deleted it yet.
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Yeah, OK, that makes sense. This is an in-progress screenshot or something.
                One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
                "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

I think the one in the city is an archer, as well as the one on the far left, and the others are longbowmen.

But I agree this is just Firaxis showing off.

Comment

Working...
                  X