No announcement yet.

Good start or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never tried a start like this. I think it would be interesting to not expand at all and focus on GP at first (Saladin can pump out priests better than anyone). I would be tempted to try a fuedalism slingshot and use longbows to pick off that Persian city since you probably won't have access to any military resources early on. Definitely a vertical growth start.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
      Um, WE are Saladin. That's our city and our worker (and our warrior just out of sight at the top).
      Oops.

Who's the dude to the left?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

If there is a large open area above you there then it's pretty good, if not then it's pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Oops.

Who's the dude to the left?
          Cyrus.

The save is up there somewhere if you want to give it a try.

Hey! How are the rest of you guys comming on this game? No one's reported in for a while.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by ben04
            Build baracks and the other temple and research the other tech needed for macemen.
            Machinery? That's going to take a while to get to even if you slingshot to Bureaucracy, I'm sure that Cyrus would have better units than Axemen by then.

EDIT: I take that back, as the player is on Warlord or lower, he might just be able to get Macemen in time.

Comment

It's nearly as expensive as CS but don't forget that we can have a great number of scientists in that town as we have a lot of food. Also a number of cottages are possbile. Enough for a commerce heavy city in the early game. Add the +50% commerce from Bureaucracy and the 100% science rate as there is no upcome and machinery isn't that expensive anymore.

There are only 2 units that you have to fear in the early game. These are crossbowmen and longbowmen. The first requiers also maschinery and the second feudalism which is as expensive maschinery. Furthermore the AI doesn't bleed to neither of them so if you can keep up with the AI in the tech race then you are certain to have them before the AI has any counter units.

And even if the AI had them. Catapultes and baracks can work wonders.

I got that already done on Prince and regulary crush several AIs using this strategy on noble.

Comment

Working...
              X