unit gathering point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unit gathering point?

Has anyone found out how to let newly produced units gather at some point/landmark/city, like in CivIII?

It's a pain in the *** to move them all manually, especially with the big maps i love so much.

you usualy could set rally-points, but i don't remember how and where i read it.....
    the best way is look up the manual or the hints-section in the civpedia until someone has the answer to your question.
    "If 'The Flinstones' has taught us anything about history, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement." - Homer J. Simpson

Visit 0d1n3oo3Broad's Fantastic Creation Corner on Civfanatics

Comment

IIRC, you have to select the city on the map screen, don't go into city view, then Shift- right click on where you want the troops to rally. I don't use it that much though so I could very well be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
        IIRC, you have to select the city on the map screen, don't go into city view, then Shift- right click on where you want the troops to rally. I don't use it that much though so I could very well be wrong.
        Willem is correct. It also works if you select multiple cities. To get rid of the rally point, just shift+right click on the city itself

Comment

Ah, thanks for the quick info.

Tss tss tss; it would be hard for Firaxis to make this part of the interface *more* unclear...

Comment

In their defense, it IS in the manual. The problem is nobody bothers to look at it

Comment

It's too large to have a *quick look*.
              And every possible user input should be apparent as to how and where the appropriate buttons are; there should not be a need to use the manual in a game with a good interface.

Comment

It isn't very easy, though, setting up rally points. I liked Civ3's way better.
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The problem I have with the Rally Point is I cannot tell all cities to send units to one city.

If you have a city selected, and you shift right click the city, it cancels any existing rally point for that city. If you shift left click on a city, it selects all cities. This is okay so far. You cannot de-select any of those cities. (Unless someone knows a keystroke I haven't found) This is a bad thing. If you have all cities selected and right shift click on any one of the cities, it seems to interpret that as a cancel rally point command for the one city and nothing else happens. Because of this I can use any non-city tile as a universal rally point, but not any cities themselves. I don't know how anyone else uses the rally points, but I like to send units to some city closest to the front line. Having them end up in a city seems neater and safer in the long run. If I could select all cities and then de-select my target city, I would have it made.
                  If you aren't confused,
                  You don't understand.

Comment

I thought you can de-select, holding shift and left-clicking the city's name?
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I tried that again just to double check. I can find no key and click combination to de-select a city. If only one city is selected, a right click will de-select it. If multiple cities are selected than right click does nothing just as efficiently as any other keystroke and click combo.

To put it mildly, darn.
                      If you aren't confused,
                      You don't understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X