State Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Religion

what do you have to do to get a religion to be your state religion. i have searched the manual as well as done a search on this site for state religion but still no clue as to what to do. also after naming a religion as your state religion, can you change it? thanks for your help.

Once the religion you want to change to is present in one of your cities go to the religeous advisor screen (F7). All religions are represented on the top of the screen. Highlight the one you want to adopt as your state religion and then hit the newly appeared convert button (which will have replaced the exit button).

You cannot have a state religion if you are using the free religion civic.
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

You can research a religion yourself as well.
      Be the FIRST to research meditation, polytheism, monotheism, philosophy, code of laws, divine right or theology to found a religion. Then that religion is automaticly present in one of your cities and it asks if you want to make it your state religion.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

You have had one question answered adequately. To address the second question: I know of no in-game capacity to change the names of religions. There is probably some file somewhere with the religion names in it and some kindly person might be able to point that out to you. I think it would be kind of cool to rename the religions. I could have "Erisism", "Eris-love", "Children of Eris", "The Official Eris Fan Club" and so on. All religions would be about me!!! This could be even better than being Cleopatra, Goddess Incarnate, in Civ3! (Some of us are just way too easily thrilled.)

After that, we could get the civics names to be modifiable. As a modern day Pagan I get upset that Paganism is the standard default does-nothing-for-you religious civic choice. Then I think about how disorganized and fractured the modern day Pagan movement is and have to agree that Firaxis may have accidentally gotten it right, or else they know a bunch of us Pagans.
        If you aren't confused,
        You don't understand.

Comment

Much fun could be had with other religions, although no doubt great offence would be taken by their real-life adherents. How about Wiccan and Mithraism ? Or Jehovah's Witnesses (free missionary every turn in all cities, but a very low chance of successful spreading).

Comment

Originally posted by Bushface
            Much fun could be had with other religions, although no doubt great offence would be taken by their real-life adherents. How about Wiccan and Mithraism ? Or Jehovah's Witnesses (free missionary every turn in all cities, but a very low chance of successful spreading).

Jehovah's Witnesses are no good because they are non-political and it's unlikely a state would adopt them as the dominant religion as a result.

Although maybe Communism should unlock a religion of some sort, since after all Marxism and political correctness in general are quasi-religious and highly political.

Comment

I thinks he's asking if you can change your religion after having named one, ie, can you change from Christianity to Hinduism after having named Christianity as your state religion.

Of course you can, you can change your state religion from any religion your civilization "knows" to any other it "knows."

In order to "know" it, you just have to have it present in at least one of your cities. You change it the from the religious adviser screen, just the same way you adopted a religion in the first place.

Comment

Working...
              X