Anyone with a geforce 6200..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with a geforce 6200..

Will 8x AGP Geforce 6200 run Civ 4 well, assuming all other system factors are above recomended specs? I know some cards just have trouble with it.

Thanks

I do have a 6200, but it's PCI-E and I don't know what the speed difference is to the AGP. The card isn't fast enough to use anti-aliasing, but apart from that I've had no trouble.

Comment

I have this card.

I play on a large map and the card works fine. However, late in the game with a lot of images on the map the game will freeze for about 30 seconds and the map loses all images except the land area. So far it always recovers. At that point I save the game and clean the cache. I have to do this 2 to 3 times a game. All graphics are set to medium.

Of course, how well the card works for you is also determined by the machines other hardware and its own peculiarities. Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks !

Comment

I do have a 6200, but it's PCI-E and I don't know what the speed difference is to the AGP. The card isn't fast enough to use anti-aliasing, but apart from that I've had no trouble.

Should be no difference. The AGP speed should be better than anything a 6200 can throw at it.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
          X