Game Turn Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Turn Limit

I'm not sure if any of you have experienced this or if its just cuz I'm a noob but it seems that on the huge maps there is almost no way to beat every single civilization within the turn limits provided. I have tried several times and by the time you expand and beaten 2-3 civs and have an empire and are ready to set out and conquer the other 8-12 civs that are sharing the map with you, your already running out of time. Soon enough the 100 turns till the game is over counter comes up and then thats it. Is there any way to disable this counter completely in order to allow you to countinue playing the game until you finish? Just curious.

100 turn limit? Are you playing on quick or the demo*?

If you're playing on quick, try normal or Epic, that should give you more turns
    If you're playing the demo, then go out and buy the game

*Not sure exactly how many turns there are in the demo
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Turn off time victory, maybe. I'm not sure about that.

Try playing on Marathon - if you're not already - it gives you more time to move your units = more time to conquer.

Personally, while I believe it would be difficult to achieve conquest or domination on normal mode (and maybe even Epic), I have never had much trouble on Marathon. I tend to lean toards the builder side more often than not but even then I have enough time to win domination victories on a large 14-civ continents map while reaching the modern era by about 1700. (I play with space race turned off)
      LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

On Marathon conquest, depending on the difficulty level, should be achievable.

Just remeber to only keep the valuable AI cities, not all of them. Pillage/burn/destroy those that aren't in a great position, and you should be able to keep the troops rolling.

This is also where a reasonably strong navy comes into its own, especially if you can't control all of the coastline.
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

If what you are after is that long slow I-have-eliminated-all-of-you experience, your best bet is to turn off various victory conditions. First off, to lose the "100 turns left" counter, turn off time victory. In fact, it is best to turn off every victory except conquest. Then, take your time and wipe them all off of the map.

Unfortunately for your current game, you cannot change the victory in mid-game, only at the start.

People talk about the flexibility of modding and scripting and all that wonderful stuff. It is easy to overlook that it is possible to play a completely different game by playing with the start options. There are variables other than map size and shape. They, like everything else in Civ, are interesting to experiment with.
          If you aren't confused,
          You don't understand.

Comment

No I am playing the full game, I think version 1.4 (I know I need to update). I realized that the game I was speaking of was actually a scenario (1000 AD world map) and that it had the time victory enabled and thats why when I got to about 1950AD the 100 turn countdown began. Thanks to everyone for the rapid response.

I guess my question now is how do I turn off time victory conditions on a scenario?
            Last edited by nofxet; May 17, 2006, 13:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Thedrin
              Turn off time victory, maybe.
              "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
              Check out my Blog!

Comment

Version 1.61 introduced a menu option - Custom Scenario. I've no idea what it does or how it works but it might be a good place to start.
                LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Working...
                X